Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i came here to show off what i imagine to be the most gorgeous mutt in the world, layla... she's (we think) a brittany spaniel / beagle mix, but not certain. anyway her she is, a 1 year old facially expressive mutt that we love dearly. she even smiles when shes happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
She's very cute. But, why do you think Brittany?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just because we've not seen many dogs like her, then saw a few pictures of the Brittany/Beagle and it seemed very close. Originally we thought Basenji/Beagle... no matter what, we love her, but we'd love to know what she is, just to put it to bed.

Actually, now that I'm really looking... she could be an American Foxhound...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would certainly lean towards the Basenji/Beagle mix. I really don't see any Brittany in her. She is however, for sure, a cutie!! She is very expressive in her pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See, that's what I thought, Basenji, but.. who knows, could be English Foxhound, Harrier... who knows, but she's very playful, fun, energetic, bays like a beagle, barks like...well like a dog, and when she's moody, she will stare at you and grumble in her throat while moving her eyebrows up and down.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I don't see any brittney at all...I'd guess beagle, boxer and maybe some good ol' hound dog too. I think you have a mix of more than two breeds there.

I'd only rule out basenji b/c they just aren't an ultra common breed and other than the curl in the tail (which isn't exclusive to basenji) I really don't see any in there.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I don't see Basenji in her either (I used to have one) but I see Beagle and hound of some sort (she seems to have the longer legs like the Foxhound as someone else suggested). She is a cutie and there is nothing better than a beagle bray (unless, of course, it's in the middle of the night)! ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts