Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old male pit/border collie, male....he is very intelligent, knows many commands... My issue is I can't get him to stop jumping on everyone. I have tried just about everything, and he has bad separation anxiety. When I go somewhere, even if just to the mailbox, he is so excited to see me come in the door. I usually have to squat down or sit so he don't scratch me all to pieces. Any suggestions on how to correct this behavior?

Registered
I have a 10 month old male pit/border collie, male....he is very intelligent, knows many commands... My issue is I can't get him to stop jumping on everyone. I have tried just about everything, and he has bad separation anxiety. When I go somewhere, even if just to the mailbox, he is so excited to see me come in the door. I usually have to squat down or sit so he don't scratch me all to pieces. Any suggestions on how to correct this behavior?
For my very tall male boy it has always been a very loud click on the fingers whilst pointing at the floor and eyes opened assertively. If he doesnt do it first time i raise my eyebrows and click again. I taught him this with treats as a pup but it has just been done on command by him for the last 9 years or so after 2 years of receiving treats for it. Best mix of dogs ever 馃挌

Super Moderator
This post is six years old and the original poster is no longer an active member, so I'm closing this to further replies. Feel free to start your own thread or join in any of our current discussions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.