Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Chelle and I am a first time dog owner. I am 22 years old and have had my pit bull dog since 8wks of age. I was one of those impulse buyers that got a puppy not knowing how much work it truely was.

My Pit bull Terrier Queenie is now 16 mos old and we've made a lot of progress. I almost gave up a few times and gave her to another family, but when I thought of giving her up I couldn't go through with it because I am now attached. We have finally worked out a routine that works for us and she has come so far with her training. I literally think I stumbled upon the perfect dog, while she has some minor issues she is a GOOD dog. At 16 mos she is stable, she doesn't chew on things that are not her toys and walks friendly on a leash (most of the time). The only downfalls we have is housetraining, sometimes she goes in the house and doesn't really get the concept of asking to go outside. I generally have to walk her before she has a chance to piddle in the house or poop. AND drinking out of the toilet ... i never understood of choosing to drink from the toilet lmfao.

Me and Queenie are both pretty low energy individuals, but sometimes I like to take her out to the park ... what I wanted to know, is what are some good exercises she can do while on a 30 ft lead (I do not let her run in the park off leash as she is still working on the "come," command). We have been trying to work on fetch but ... lol she doesn't really understand the concept. Her favorite game is tug, but sometimes I get bored with it and want to play other games.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df. I'm glad you kept Queenie. Dogs are wonderful companions. I'm having some housetraining with Tilba, she's great for 2 weeks at a time & then wee's once or twice in a row. She just won't let us know she wants to go out to toilet. At other times she woofs to go out & come in.
Have you tried to teach her some tricks. Tilba does shake hands, high five, wave & now that she's older she can beg. Sometimes she will roll over, now working on multiple rolls. Oh, & say your prayers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts