Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I recently adopted a 2 y/o JRT Chiwawa mix. Surprisingly he's very laid back and sweet, he's house trained, but we have problems with him at night.

We let him sleep in our room...he has his own bed but sometimes he will hop into our bed which is fine. But he makes so much noise and will not go to sleep! He constantly scratches and licks(I guess grooming?) It wakes me up. He never scratches that much in the day time BTW.

I have put him in the living room twice because of his noise and turned the light on for him. Both times he wined and cried but we ignored him...so then he started barking. Both times, when we got up to see him he peed and pooped! All in a matter of 5 mins!

What does this mean? Is he acting out?? Should I start using crates? I don't know where to start.

Please help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I would definitely get a crate for him. One that's just large enough for him to stand up and turn around in. Let him sleep in there if his scratching bothers you. Keep the crate in your room, by your bed, with some toys, an old shirt that belongs to you or your fiancee. He may cry a little and bark but he'll eventually learn to get over it.

Is he potty-trained?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would definitely get a crate for him. One that's just large enough for him to stand up and turn around in. Let him sleep in there if his scratching bothers you. Keep the crate in your room, by your bed, with some toys, an old shirt that belongs to you or your fiancee. He may cry a little and bark but he'll eventually learn to get over it.

Is he potty-trained?

Thanks for your advice, yes he's potty trained.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts