Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
OH NO not a Frenchie..... top of my wish list in this life or my next life... I have no experience in dealing with apartment no yard or having a indoor dog potty area. What type of biting interaction are you seeing, and what have you tried up to this point are helpful. By 10 months old there you are now dealing with learned behaviors.

Would love to see some pictures of the naughty pup if you have the time :)

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
He is so cute !! Since nothing has worked up to this point. I would make the extra effort to keep a toy in your pocket or close by when you play.. Most of the time people walk away (bite = end play and you leave) leave leave like out of the room leave... The other is not to get over excited in playing if that is what brings that level of bite interaction. Then there is the toy .. you want to get excited in your play then "bite this not me" bite this not me" and making the toy interesting that they want to tug on it.. and can use it for learning Take, hold, drop, get it, bring it. it's developing the skills between you two that will get yall communicating through any situation.

for the potty my rule for a new pup or even an older dog new to my home is that they don't have full access to my house.. They have a penned off/ baby gated area that is centralized in the house activity area.. So they always a part of what is going on. Only taken out when your going to go potty outside, going for a walk.. or right there supervision / playing and training in the house..

Do you have a set daily schedule? that i another way that they learn for potty training..

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Try taking him outside for a quick potty and back inside (each time before you let him have some play time out of his pen) Not really sure how far you have to go.. The longest I have had to go is from a second floor apartment into the courtyard, through the laundry mat to an outdoor dog run.. Dogs were not allowed to potty anywhere except the apartment dog run. (was only temporary while waiting for housing) 3 large dogs and very flexible about learning different routines in different places, the foundation training needs to be there to support what you want them to learn to get there. Your little guy needs ya...

am sure there is a large, small dog, apartment dog, indoor potty station community, fb, pinterest, google search. Am sure they are all very successful with it.. Keep looking your sure to find the right system and that spray. I know there is a spray they put on the wee pads.. am sure I have heard of a product like that. Anything is possible..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.