Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a Frenchie about 10 months old now. I joined this forum for help on getting his potty training and biting under control. And thing is I live in the city so he's an apartment dog, without the yard accessible. So I'm also looking for tips on keeping my room (his room is here too but in my closet) smelling good and clean.
Looking forward to your feedback when I post!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah learned behaviors.. too bad.. just from people around me saying ”its ok he'll grow out of it” and he never did!

So in his space he has a potty which he uses.. but once I take him out of his space and hes in my or another room, he goes wherever he thinks is right. I later down the potty pad.. and when he goes, if he sees me approaching, he stops and bolts.. so it's hard to pick him up and put him on the potty pad for training. I wonder if I bought like a spray or sth I can put on the pad? Also the problem is when he's in my or another room and wants to go potty, I'm usually on my computer or doing something else so I can't constantly watch him and see where he's peeing.

another thing is, he still bites when we play.. though gently, sometimes too hard when hes energetic. I don't want him to bite, but I also want him to feel satisfied when we play.. and I dont ALWAYS want to have a toy to play with him.
So I'd appreciate advice on these two things. other than these he's great !

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey
Sorry the my belated reply. Thanks for the help.

Well he naturally goes outside when I take him out. But for the rest of the evening, I'm in my room and he's in his area... he begs to get out of it, I let him out a play a little, I get back to my work and turn around to see him peeing on something... almost anything BUT the potty pad that I have laying out. Thing is I don't have time to supervise him all the time until he pees so it's missed opportunities to train him. I wonder if there is like some spray or sth that draws him to pee on the pad.. no idea!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.