Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was Lilly's first time at the dog park. I was a little nervous because she is only 5.5 months but she had so much fun!! She never gets to play off leash as we do not have a fenced yard. There were only 4 other dogs so it was perfect. Only problem there was a large muddy puddle that Lilly kept diving into - she got soooooooo filthy! Fortunately there was a lake to clean her off! :)

Happy 4th everyone!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Glad your pup had fun! I take my two to a dogpark nearby and they love it! Lately there have been no dogs other than my 2 though....weird...but it's still fun since they have each other.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Glad your pup had fun! I take my two to a dogpark nearby and they love it! Lately there have been no dogs other than my 2 though....weird...but it's still fun since they have each other.
I think it depends on the time of day, temperature, peoples working schedules etc. I do not take Lola in the middle of the afternoon because it is just to hot in the sun. If I were to do that all she would do is lay under the gazebo there and she can lay around at home all she wants. I usually take her early in the morning or the evening because it is much cooler and she has the energy to run at those times.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
DO NOT take a pup to the dog park until his full vaccines and all boosters have been given. The dog park is full of nasty stuff that could make your pup seriously ill. Socialization now should be with fully vaccinated, well socialized dogs in a VERY controlled environment. The dog park is too risky.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I cannot wait till i get my new pup up to date with shots and completely de-wormed so i can take him to the dog park...

DO NOT take a pup to the dog park until his full vaccines and all boosters have been given.
I think that the person stated that they would only take their dog to the dog park when it is fully vaccinated and de-wormed. Perhaps you misread that :confused:

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
He said Up to date, that's NOT the same.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think it depends on the time of day, temperature, peoples working schedules etc. I do not take Lola in the middle of the afternoon because it is just to hot in the sun. If I were to do that all she would do is lay under the gazebo there and she can lay around at home all she wants. I usually take her early in the morning or the evening because it is much cooler and she has the energy to run at those times.
Yeah we always go in the evening after we eat dinner....around 7:30 or so. Usually no one there, maybe because it's a new park.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Josh, Other posters in this thread seem to split hairs when hairs do not need to be split. I fully understood what you said in your first post about having the dog with shots before going to the dog park. Others did not seem to understand. For them you need to spell it out in exact details :rolleyes:

Yeah we always go in the evening after we eat dinner....around 7:30 or so. Usually no one there, maybe because it's a new park.

That could very well be. There was anew dog park that opened last October. I brought Lola the first day it opened and there were only 2-3 dogs there when we went on the 35 pound and under side. On the all size and weight side there were 2 golden Labradoodles. After the people left the side lola and i were on there wasn't anyone else for hours.

A little while later I seen a woman dressed in a county park ranger uniform taking pictures of the Labradoodles and the park. A while later she came on the side Lola and I was on and was taking pictures of lola and that side of the park. I asked what they used the pictures for and she said for brochures and other material.

One day I seen the county dog park brochures out at the dog park and I opened it up and Lola's picture was published inside. I did not see the Labradoodles picture published though.

Today the park gets a lot of visitors. Word was mostly spread around by mouth.

·
Banned
749 Posts
thats pretty awesome that your pup was able to help lol. U keep the brosure?

Not only did I keep the brochure I also took a few more. I gave my sisters one each. I keep the rest in my truck and when I am at the dog park and people comment on lola's behavior etc. I show her the brochure. just last week someone said she should be published in a magazine and I had told them that she was published in the dog park brochure and showed it to them.

I also like where they put her picture. It is on the inside right above the article on dog park etiquette.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts