Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my name is Sam and I am new to this forum. I have recently adopted a new puppy (Rogo) and I'm trying to figure out what his breed is. My vet thinks he is a Lab Mix. I think he might have some German in him. I would love to hear all suggestions. Please help!

photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo.jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts
How old is he??? Looks like may be some Doberman or Black and Tan Coon hound????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rogo is 11 weeks old today. I was just looking at doberman puppies online and I did come across one that looks just like him. I am pretty sure Rogo is not pure breed though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Being that he is from a shelter you may never know. But it is always fun to guess and whatever he is he's cute.. Congratulations and welcome to the neighborhood.

Heck, now a days with all the shady breeders out there you could have a purebred and not even know it, cause though "purebred" the resulting pups do not at all fit the standards. The only reason I know my Dycen is a German Pinscher and not a overgrown Min Pin is because I eventually got to see both parents and their registration papers. ( After my cousin left him with us and it became clear I was going to be solely responsible for him, I made my DH contact the "breeder" so I could get an idea of what I was getting myself into.)

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Looks like a hound mix. I don't see any lab in him at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts