Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the subject says, this is our new pup after three years. Our first little beast came to us in 1993 on Christmas Eve Day. My wife brought her home from the shelter with a broken leg. We think she was a BC mix. You could tell that she had been abused as she would shy away from petting. We named her Angel, as she came to our house during the holidays. She turned out to be a wonderful dog. Sadly, she stared to develop arthritis and a failing liver. She began having nosebleeds, which turned out to be a nasal tumor. After that, she was with us about 6 month. I have a potrait of her tattood on my arm with "My Guardian Angel" underneath. We decided that she would be our only and last dog.

Now to present day. My sis runs a rescue from her home near Nashville. Right now she's caring for about 70 dogs of all breeds. Most have been abused, abandoned, given up, and just not cared for. She takes care of everthing from pups to seniors, all out of her own pocket. She has been after us since our Angel passed to adopt one of her rescues. We kept saying no, until she recently sent us some pics of this pup. I was ready to say OK, but decided to let my wife make the decision to see if she realized the she was ready for another pup. We took a trip from Wisconsin to Nashville last week to visit. The first thing my sis did was to put the pup in my wife's arm. I think that was it right there.

Maybe it's karma or some other strange force at work. but there are too may coincidences here:

1. The pup is about 4 months old, which would put her birthday around Christmas. This is when out Angel first came home.

2. That name that she came to my sis with is Sibley. As kids, we grew up on Sibley Court.

3. She is the spitting image of our Angel.

4. She is coming from Nashville to our home on May 16th. This is three years to the day that we put our Angel to sleep.

I'm sure after three years that I will have plenty of training question to ask so you will probably be hearing quite a bit from me. She is coming to us fixed and chipped, and we are getting DNA test done to see what might be in her. I see some BC I think, but she has such short little legs. Sorry that my first post was so long.

Any thoughts as to what might be in her?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
What an amazing story! Sibley looks like a real sweetheart. I'm not good at guessing breeds, so I won't try here, but she's adorable. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have no idea what she is, other than darling...What a blessing you are in for. We just got a new puppy, our first puppy in 11 years. Two of our toy poodles died this past year, they were 12 and 14 years old. I had forgotten how fun puppy's can be... Prepare to laugh and love a lot! Congratulations!:D
Linda

·
Registered
714 Posts
she looks so sweet and it soundsl ike its meant to be!

as for breeds, i see hound in her head/face, maybe beagle and i can see come bc too with her coloring/markings!

regardless, i'm sure you will have your hands full, i have a new puppy too and hes just a little ball of energy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts