Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my boy Colt. This is the first good picture I have, but I'll be sure to add more to this thread as he comes along. (I also added this to my introduction thread.) He's a good lookin' boy. I'm thinkin that as he ages his ears will stand erect and really give him the husky look. I do love his eyes though. They are an awesome color and really unique. Anyway, here we go.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Beautiful puppy! He's definitely cute. I always wanted to venture into the crossbreed group someday and get some unique looking puppy. But alas, my lifestyle demands a specific type of temperment and exercise needs etc etc. So i'm a Sheltie guy for now haha. Too afraid of getting a mix i'm not prepared to take care of, and have to deal with neglecting some of it's needs. Awesome dog, have fun training him!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Here's my boy Colt. This is the first good picture I have, but I'll be sure to add more to this thread as he comes along. (I also added this to my introduction thread.) He's a good lookin' boy. I'm thinkin that as he ages his ears will stand erect and really give him the husky look. I do love his eyes though. They are an awesome color and really unique. Anyway, here we go.

i can't see the pic?:(

never mind. now it showed up on my response:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
He's quite the looker! Can't wait to see more pics as he grows, and maybe some body shots too ;).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ya'll. So far he has been great. He's younger than most, the people I got him from weren't aware of the accepted 8 weeks, nor was I. I know he's not at that "bad" age yet (he's 6 weeks) but as of now he has been doing very well with house training, even after only 3 days. He's half husky half lab, the litter was a mistake. (Their husky got out and with their neighbor's lab, I think a "miniature" lab.) Anyways. They had five males, 2 husky lookin guys like mine, 2 yellow lab lookin ones, and one that looked like a black lab. They were giving all five away, but were very caring and wanted to make sure that they went to good homes. I was glad to see such involved owners. Their husky was beautiful.

I think my guy, Colt, will be around 50 pounds but I'm not sure. The mother was around 40 pounds and they said the lab was a little bigger than that.

I'll be sure to post some more pictures ASAP.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is there any way to get him more time with his brothers/sisters? The next two weeks with them would be a huge benefit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any way to get him more time with his brothers/sisters? The next two weeks with them would be a huge benefit.
Unfortunately, I really can't. Drove a good ways to get him. But thinkin about it, he may have been seven weeks when I picked him up, which is better but not good.
:(

·
Registered
198 Posts
he is super cute, i love the positioning of the picture :)

can he hang out (like a lot) with another vaccinated dog you know that's good with puppies? do you have other dogs?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My sister has a younger dog, I think 9 months or so, that he will be hanging with this weekend. (I'm a student at UGA and 4.5 hours from home, so I don't make it home much.) But she's coming up to see me and bringing her dog so that will be good.

Here's a couple more:

·
Registered
24 Posts
so cute! I am actually adopting a husky lab mix too this coming tuesday and she looks jsut like that but she is tan and whit with tannish/green eyes! Hmm...i wonder if their ears will stand up? Dont husky's ears stand up when they are little like that already? I am curious because my little one will be so cute if hers stand up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Huskies ears stand up pretty much from birth. However I was looking at lab/husky mix photos as pups and then as adults and a good bit of them had ears just like his that end up standing up. I can't wait to see pictures of yours as well!

Thanks for all the compliments!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Huskies ears stand up pretty much from birth. However I was looking at lab/husky mix photos as pups and then as adults and a good bit of them had ears just like his that end up standing up. I can't wait to see pictures of yours as well!

Thanks for all the compliments!
Ooooo! where did you find these pics of before and afters?! I want to see! :D:p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure there will be a ton of pictures. He's sliding around the house on a frisbee right now. He makes it pretty dang hard to study, but its worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts