Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a puppy (Hank) the English Springer Spaniel!

I have had Hank for almost 2 months now, he is 4 mo. old at this point. I am very impressed with this breed. Very smart, easily trained and has a great personality. The intuition of the dog of hunting around is amazing.

A few general questions I have.

Hank is losing his front teeth (FINALLY!!) and I am wondering when he will loose his K9 teeth. I have finally trained him not to bite when getting petted and he learned it in about 20 min! He still jumps up and bites the back of my legs, several jeans have tiny holes and I am still working with him not to jump.

My question is how much longer until those razor sharp teeth fall out??? Also I have noticed his eyes seem to get red occasionally and has small amounts of tears in one of the eyes. I take him in tomorrow to get rabies and the last booster shot and I will ask the vet as well but I have also heard springers get the "red" eye. Is this something I should be concerned? I keep his blanket clean and wash it weekly, its winter here now and generally he is indoors with the exceptions of a morning and evening run about.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome! I'm new to these forums as well.

Lovely looking dog. My last dog was a Springer Spaniel. They are sweet and intelligent dogs in my experience.

My current dog, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, didn't finish losing his puppy teeth until about 6 - 6 1/2 months. He didn't lose two of his K-9s though and the vet had to pull them when he was neutered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just playing with Hank a few min ago and actually felt one of his K9 teeth loose!! so they are probably on the way out in the next several weeks (yay!)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Welcome to DF!
Beautiful dog. Damon lost his last baby tooth at 7months old. My old english Mastiff lost his last baby tooth at 6 months old. :)
Its common for the last tooth to be lost at around 6 months old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts