Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided to take a leap of faith and go bikejoring with both dogs pulling. I've done this with each dog individually for a while now, but this was the first time with them both.

And it was a BLAST!

We did about 8 miles, and now I have two really pooped out dogs. It's nice. Very nice.

BONUS PIC:

Here's two puppies we've been visiting at the shelter..... trying not to adopt! It's a pit bull border collie mix. A whole litter of them!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, that looks like fun for both you and your dogs! I can tell you its not easy to NOT adopt a dog when you keep going and visiting them, but how could you not, they are so cute!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that looks like fun for both you and your dogs! I can tell you its not easy to NOT adopt a dog when you keep going and visiting them, but how could you not, they are so cute!
I think we're going to convince our roommate to adopt one though. Here's hoping ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like fun. Do you have some sort of quick release on the leashes?

That puppy is too cute.
I don't at the moment, but we've ordered some bungee line and quick release snaps so that it's a little more safe. I underestimated how fast the dogs would get going. I had the bike in the top gear and peddled as fast as I possibly could and the gear didn't catch at all. They were easily pulling the bike 20-25 mph for 8 miles straight.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
That looks like fun, but would probably scare the crap out of me. I'd be afraid my dogs would pull me over on my bike. Would be fun though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OHHHHH that would be soooo much fun!!!!!! i love doing stuff like that with my dog....i put her harness on her and we go on the snomobile and just drive at about 20.....but i'd be so scared to go on bike...i really need to figureout how to teach her an onby command of somesort...she goes nuts everytime we see a dog/person/car/bird/rabbit/dirty snow/dog tracks/..... But i'll be getting some training help from an experienced musher come mid april...sooo fingers crossed :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you do it? it looks like so much fun!
If you've got a breed that's bred to pull, it's as easy as leashing them to your bike's frame in a harness and telling them to run :)

If you don't, then it can take some training to get them actually excited to pull.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Absolutely awesome!!! I'm still doing groundwork with my guys before I hook them up to the front of my scooter, but I can't wait! It looks like you all had a blast!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
That looks amazing! Are both dogs fairly equal in their energy levels, then? I've heard you describe Rocky as an absolute maniac, but how does Mesquite keep up if she's not one too?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks amazing! Are both dogs fairly equal in their energy levels, then? I've heard you describe Rocky as an absolute maniac, but how does Mesquite keep up if she's not one too?
Rocky is super high energy, but surprisingly low drive. He mostly just likes to sniff and pee on stuff, he doesn't like to work. Mesquite on the other hand LOVES to work, but is fairly low energy. So they end up kind of evening out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts