Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little nervous. i've already been to the facility twice but i was doing 2 observations with the rest of the group, without my dog. one observation was required but i opted to do two. so tonight will be the first time he'll come with me (and the rest of the group) to the facility. It's partly a social visit and then the other part is a room to room visit.

I'm really excited but then again I'm nervous. I'm not really sure how to curb the feeling. I want to though because i want to send calm vibes to my dog, not nervous ones.

We're in a group of 8 people total, 3 of us are new. the other 5 have been going to this facility for awhile.

My dog isn't typically a puller but when we went for the evaluation, (1.5 months ago) there were so many things going on that he got overly excited and just wanted to get inside with the rest of the people and all the other dogs as fast as he could and that was his mission.

well since i don't have a problem with him pulling it makes it a little difficult to train out of him because he RARELY ever does it. to be prepared for his first visit, i bought an easy-walk harness and to test it out i took him to a very popluar walking trail where i knew there would be lots of people and dogs and i was sure he would try to pull there so i figured it would be the perfect place. so we get there and what does he do? he behaves, like he usually does. no pulling or anything. so i don't even know if the harness will be effective if i need to use it, but i'm just going to bring it with us and put it on him only if i need to.

Anyways, I'm just a little nervous. I'm hoping the visit will go well! :)

Does anyone that does AAT have any stories of their first visits and what they were like?

·
Registered
823 Posts
That is so exciting! I love AAT. Good luck!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the visit went well I think. He was a little overly excited so he got a tad vocal at one point. but all the paitents that petted him seemed to really like him, and he seemed to LOVE the attention. So, I think all in all, it was a good visit :)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Let us know how his second visit goes:) Hopefully he won't be to vocal! As he gets used to going he will probably be calmer and quieter:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts