Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fireflies have really come out lately around here, which makes taking Poca out for her pre-bed pee interesting. She'll start to go, see a firefly nearby, stop to watch (stare intently with the heat of a nova, actually), start peeing again when the firefly moves on, stop when she sees another one, start again when it moves off....

This is a girl trained to go potty quickly at night so that she can get to her peanut butter kong. But when the fireflies are out, that's all she can think about. Not sure what she thinks they are, but one of her favorite toys is a ball that lights up. And she LOVES catching flying bugs. Flying bugs that light up must just be more than her doggy brain can handle at once!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
LOL Sounds like she's being entertained. You might have to find a nice book to take out when the fireflies are doing their thing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm having the same problem. When I let Scout out at night he chases the fireflies and won't go to the bathroom. I get impatient and make him come back inside... Usually I end up having to let him out at 4AM because of this.. He also chases the bugs that fly around the porch light. He is obsessed. He could chase bugs all days. He esp loves butterflies.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That funny! Last night while I was taking Annabelle out she hear a cricket in the grass. She would sniff for a place to potty, then go to the patch of grass the cricket was in, it would stop chirping, and she would go back to sniffing. The cricket would start chirping again, she would go back to try to find it. It was really funny! She couldn't figure out why it quit chirping.

What would we do without our dogs!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Sounds like she's being entertained. You might have to find a nice book to take out when the fireflies are doing their thing.
Entertainment - that's a nice word for it! Maybe I'll put a bench out there so I can relax and enjoy the scenery while she catches flies.

He is obsessed. He could chase bugs all days. He esp loves butterflies.
Same with poca. Flying, crawling, doesn't matter. If it's a bug, she wants it. Even bees. :eek:

That funny! Last night while I was taking Annabelle out she hear a cricket in the grass. She would sniff for a place to potty, then go to the patch of grass the cricket was in, it would stop chirping, and she would go back to sniffing. The cricket would start chirping again, she would go back to try to find it. It was really funny! She couldn't figure out why it quit chirping.

What would we do without our dogs!
I can't tell you how glad I am that Poca hasn't met a cricket - we'd never get inside! That's just too cute. Like disappearing snowballs - lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts