Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a pack of Fiproguard from Petsmart for $24. It says it is identical to Frontline. I put it on my chihuahua and two weeks later I was still pulling fleas off. However, the fleas werent moving as fast.

Next I put another thing of it on him and it has been a week. I am still pulling fleas off. This stuff must be totally useless.

My question is, since it doesn't work, is there harm in getting some real stuff and putting it on him? I have used Advantage for years and never had a flea problem until today.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I would go back to Advantage, frankly, if that's worked on fleas in your area in the past. It's probably not that it's generic, though it may be - same drug, different carrier - but a lot of fleas are increasingly resistant to common flea meds.

Frustrating. As. Heck.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Is it safe to use the Advantage when I doused him with the Crapola a week ago?
I can't answer that. Call your vet's office Monday. They should be able to give you an answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi pcm2a,

I actually work for Sergeant's (we make Fiproguard) and I would like to chat with you about your experience with the product. We've heard so many good things about Fiproguard, that I am left wondering about your experience. Do you think you could call us at 1-800-224-7387. I can let them know you are calling if you tell me your name. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your time. We can also help with your below question, in regards to retreating. We have several vet-techs here and some awesome vets that we work with on a regular basis. I look forward to hearing from you. I am sorry that your sweet chihuahua is suffering from fleas! Thanks! ~Nichole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts