Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im a new member here and i am considering getting a new puppy as i have alot of time to spare atm where i could train him myself and make sure he grows into a good dog.

I grew up with dog being young but this would be my first dog (like 100% mine).

I tend to preffer medium sized dog to big dog (i like smaller dog like basset hound or bulldog too i guess). And i have a big crush on Hound, Retriever, Setter, Pointer, and many Working dog. But i dont hunt. I am quite active and love taking long walk. I llive in a somewhat large house with a backyard, but it is in montreal ( Big City).

I would like to stay away from very common breed (I know their great dog) but i feel like trying something else. I grew up with lots of labs and golden retriever and Bouvier Bernois, and they were all adorable creature. im looking for something else tough.

I'm probably thinking about getting a purebreed too.

I do own 2 cats too ( thats why i want to get a puppy most of all so it can grow around the cats!)

I dont know if anyone can help me on this but i once saw a dog i totally fell in love for at a dog show it looked like a smaller lab with greyish overcoat. Like the one i saw was brown with a grey sprinkled over it it looked almost like it was fog.

i would love to know what it was it was such a beauty <3!
-thankyou :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
No offence, but:

Choosing a breed,
especially a first dog,
solely (or primarily) by looks,
is about as wise as
choosing a spouse
via the same method.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts