Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet you guys were probably thinking that maybe I didn't even have any dogs. Afterall, I've been on this forum for over a year and never posted any pics. Well, tah-dah!!!!! I finally have pics! I borrowed a camera over the weekend and took a few.
The first one is of Dingo, my Bully/GSD. The reason I like this pic of him is his smile. He is usually so grumpy and antisocial. His nicknames are 'The Butt Head' or "The Grouchy Ol' Guy' for good reason.

These next two pics are of the hybrid I recently got, Yakone' Blue. He is an absolute sweetheart.

Hold on, there's more .....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
coming up next is my over-sized GSD Yansa. This one is my special baby. Not the best of pics but it's hard to get him to stand back away so I had to snap quick before he was all over me. lol

My little female GSD Artemis;

This is Bohrah, my Cattle Dog/Catahoula. She's an amazing girl and I wouldn't mind 5 more just like her.

2 more pics to go.....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is Helios, my Golden Retriever/Border Collie mix. He looks like a Golden but definitely has the BC stare.

Last of all is a pic of 4 of my 6.

Anyway, those are all my babies. :D

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Love the last one, it's so cute and I love how they're all squished like that.

Blue looks almost identical to a dog I dog sit, except Cosmo is entirely black and Blue isn't. Blue is really handsome though, actually all your dogs are very good looking. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the last one, it's so cute and I love how they're all squished like that. .....
Yes, those bean-brains always do that! :p In the mornings when I go to work they do the same except at least 2 will be laying down (while all squished through the gate) and all will have the sad faces on. Such spoiled Mamas' babies anyway. :rolleyes:

Jihad

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the compliments!
Also, I just want to let everyone know - all my dogs are rescues, 3 were adopted around 3yrs of age or older. A couple were previously adopted/returned due to various 'problems'. One, the Bully/GSD, spent the first 4yrs of his life in a shelter and was labeled a 'trouble maker'. However I have never had any major problems from any of them and all are well trained and amazing dogs (and wolf). I'm mentioning all this because I just want to make it clear that even adult rescues can still be great pets. Never say "Never" with rescues. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks. Most are diamonds in the rough and all they need is someone who knows how to 'polish' that precious gem. ;)

Jihad

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Your dogs are ALL absolutely stunning!!! They look like a very happy pack too. Of course, I'm partial to Yakone for obvious reasons. :D He looks like an absolutely huge lovebug of a wolfer. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Lovely dogs. I'm partial to the cattle dog mix. And I agree with you about rescuing adult dogs. My latest was around 4 when we got him, and he's been absolutely wonderful. And he is learning, now that he knows we aren't abusers like his last owners.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice lookin' family! Big smiles from everyone. :D

I wish I could get Mabel comfortable with the camera. It literally freaks her out.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
... Of course, I'm partial to Yakone for obvious reasons. :D He looks like an absolutely huge lovebug of a wolfer. :)
Thank you so much! Yes, Blue is a big baby. From the moment he came home he has been a mama's baby. lol He likes to 'groom' me and let me tell you - it tickles like crazy! :p

Lovely dogs. I'm partial to the cattle dog mix...
I had never had an ACD before - knew nothing about them. My little Bohrah though has absolutely amazed me with her intelligence and sweetness. Yet when she wants to she can really 'kick butt'. hahaha I call her 'my little power house girl'. I've always been partial to GSD's but now I think ACD's are right up there on my list.

Jihad

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
That is one gorgeous pack of dogs. I can't even pick a favorite. Yansa and Blue are both beauties. You need to post more pics -- you're depriving us!! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts