Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a dachshund since the first time I met one over 20 years ago, but it was never the right time. I came across this guy on craigslist yesterday and it all worked out wonderfully. His owners were not home much and they wanted to find him somebody that would have plenty of time for him. I'm a stay at home mom, so we were perfect for him. His name is Rusty. He's about 1.5 years old and just awesome. He immediately took to my other 2 dogs. I'll get awake pictures soon.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Very cute! Dachshunds are by far my favorite breed and I can't wait to have one of my own again. Congrats!

·
Registered
487 Posts
A long-haired Doxie? How unique! They're very pretty and I've heard that they tend to be calmer and more friendly with strangers than the smooth haired Doxies.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Looks like the dachsie that I had when I met my hubby. HIs name was Deaner. I can't wait for more pics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice comments everybody!
A long-haired Doxie?
Actually he's only long on his ears and legs. The rest of him is pretty short. I think it's very cute. I'm definitely going to have to keep his ears brushed out though. They can become knotted very easily.

I'm sick today, so I haven't been able to get pictures of him outside, but I will get some soon. Thanks again for looking and for the nice comments.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
He's adorable, I can't wait for more pictures.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That is a very cute dog!

·
Registered
11 Posts
NOO-NOO - beautiful!!!!!!! I have cross Daschunds and they are awesome - naughty!!! and both have a stinkin little attitude! They rock!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. He looks like such a girl with that feathery hair on his ears, but he definitely acts like a boy. He gets vicious with my GSD mix and even steals toys away from him. He sits on top of my pit and chews her ears. I'm so glad Tonka and Lady like him so much or he would have been food days ago. lol

He has to be right up against me when he's getting ready to fall asleep. If I get up he gets up. I can't even go into the bathroom by myself without him whining (he'll just have to get used to the fact that I fly solo in the bathroom). I was told he's potty trained and he will only go potty in the house when he's left alone. Not so. He is getting better at asking to go out, so hopefully that little issue works itself out soon enough. He loves jumping on peoples' chests, giving them hugs, and rubbing his face on theirs. He's a VERY loving boy and I'm so glad I found him. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. He acts like he's been here forever. He didn't even have a sad moment. It's kinda strange.

Since it rains a lot here in Washington it's imperative to have rain jackets for my sissy-la-la dogs that don't like to go out in it, so here's Rusty modeling his.

Don't let that face fool ya. He was lovin it...even tried to go outside and model it after the picture. He just doesn't like smiling for the camera. lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
He is adorable... glad you rescued him. Looks like he lucked out, a stay at home mommy and other doggies!

Let the games begin :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts