Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally built the agility equipment. Took us about 2 hours from start to finish including clean up and play time, total cost was less than $30 for both pieces.

Jump: The bottom jump is 6" then the other 2 we have set at 10" & 15" for now.

Ladder: The photo shows the caps we bought to use as a lift for when they are ready for it to be raised up.

This is what the dogs did while we were building:

Chloe testing out the equipment:

Skyler on equipment: Don't worry, that 6" is barely a hop for him.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Cool! I'll probably be setting up some in my backyard for the first time tomorrow. I have a bit of borrowed equipment in my garage waiting to be set up. I also got an offer to borrow some more from a season agility guru today, so I'll be doing that soon, too. And the rest I'll probably make. Can you post the directions for your ladder?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ladder is about 9' long total. We used 3/4" PVC & 3/4" PVC connector T's.

For the sides we cut 12 11" pieces, 4 5" pieces and 4 9" pieces. For the ladder "steps" we cut 8 12" pieces. We used 18 T connectors and 4 L connectors.

This gave us about a 9' ladder with 12" spacing, the "t" connectors added an inch which is why the sides were only 11" cuts.

We put the ladder together with PVC clear glue. We did each section at a time, both sides & the step (square section), we found this to be the easiest. When we got to the 4th step we then used the 5" piece and a T connector facing down to the ground for mid ladder support.

We then put the 9" pieces at the end side ladder with the L connectors. With the 4 L connectors at the ends and the 2 T's facing down it gave the ladder some lift & support. We also bought some oversized connectors to use as a lift to be able to easily raise the ladder off the ground - you can see these in the photo.

Hope that helps. We built it fomr a photo we found and it looks pretty close to the photo but we wanted ours longer than the 6' picture I found so we modified it a bit to what is our final product. We love how they turned out, easy to move around, store & carry. Oh yeah! We also bought PVC tape for $5 for small rolls of 5 colors, that is the color you see on the jump.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We built weave poles this evening. Took all over 45min or so. Super easy. We did research on weave guides and decided that it would be best to buy instead of build those so they are on order, should be here in a couple days.

We will paint the plank this weekend - its to help them walk on raised surfaces & more leg awareness.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty cool. Are they both going to do agility? When you are tired of the Mini Aussie, you can send him/her my way! :p
OOO not a chance, I think that would be the one thing that just might cause the hubby to leave me :eek: Skyler is his baby. Have to admit, for as crazy as he is Skyler is a great dog.

We have started taking agility classes & needed the equipment for practice. Since it can be built so cheap, the poles were done for around $20, maybe a little less, we also thought it would be good to have for them to play/exercise with even after we stop taking classes. We have no interest in competing but we use it as a way to learn more obedience & yet its a way to play with the dogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts