Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"We have attempted to write this statement many, many times but have struggled to put in writing that the fight to spare Lennox’s life may well be over. It has been almost impossible for us to accept that we have to admit defeat. We always believed that there was some hope and that justice would prevail. We were wrong." (Lennox's Owner)

http://www.thedogfiles.com/2012/07/...s-the-fight-to-save-their-dog-lennox-is-over/

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
It looks like it may be, but there is still a small hope. Lennox should become the poster dog for the AntiBSL lobbies worldwide!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
What this dog didn't do anything & they just took him ??? Just like that? (sorry this it the first I am hearing of the story) I just can't believe that they would just put a dog down just because of the way he looks :(

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
He was in a BSL area and was determined to be a banned breed. That means, by definition, that he is dangerous.

I find this story haunting. If my dog was sitting in an impound kennel for two years, I would be utterly insane. I would do better if I knew he was dead. I can't imagine.

This story deserves a better ending. Those two years ought to count for something.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
What this dog didn't do anything & they just took him ??? Just like that? (sorry this it the first I am hearing of the story) I just can't believe that they would just put a dog down just because of the way he looks :(
This dog is the POSTER CHILD for why breed bans are wrong.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I find this story haunting. If my dog was sitting in an impound kennel for two years, I would be utterly insane. I would do better if I knew he was dead. I can't imagine.
Honestly, euthanasia v. 2 years in a kennel? Euthanasia would be kinder.

·
Registered
891 Posts
He was in a BSL area and was determined to be a banned breed. That means, by definition, that he is dangerous.

This story deserves a better ending. Those two years ought to count for something.
I do, too. I can't stop thinking about how confused and sad and alone he must be. It's really heartbreaking. I'm hoping they at least allow the poor dog to be adopted out of the country & let him be with people who will love him.

If anyone's interested in writing to the person/people who might be able to save him, here's a list of email address I got at the Save Lennox FB page:

Councillor
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]uk,
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
again... what did this dog DO??? please this is the first i have heard of this story
He didn't do anything. My understanding is that the owners had the dog prior to a nation-wide ban on pit bulls. Because he looks like a pit to the authorities he was seized when the ban went into affect. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the dog's behavior. It's really heartbreaking. I'm pretty sure the only reason he is even alive today is because there has been an ongoing legal battle.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
This is my first time hearing about this case, as I haven't been online lately. Talk about injustice at it's finest.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
This is a first for me too hearing about this story. First of all I just wanted to say that it's sad that the poor dog had to be stuck in a kennel for two years. Now, this is just a question so please don't yell at me or anything....if the breed was banned in that family's area, why get a Pit then? They had to have known something might happen; why subject themselves to that? Why put the dog through that (not being with his family)? Why not get another breed and then if they move (to a place where they're allowed) then get a Pit?

I just don't understand it, sorry. I know no one should tell people which breed to get and not to get, but if they're not allowed in that area, they broke that law and now are paying for it. The poor dog is paying for it. So can someone just answer my question (and without scorn please too). I'm just asking and a bit confused too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
This is a first for me too hearing about this story. First of all I just wanted to say that it's sad that the poor dog had to be stuck in a kennel for two years. Now, this is just a question so please don't yell at me or anything....if the breed was banned in that family's area, why get a Pit then? They had to have known something might happen; why subject themselves to that? Why put the dog through that (not being with his family)? Why not get another breed and then if they move (to a place where they're allowed) then get a Pit?

I just don't understand it, sorry. I know no one should tell people which breed to get and not to get, but if they're not allowed in that area, they broke that law and now are paying for it. The poor dog is paying for it. So can someone just answer my question (and without scorn please too). I'm just asking and a bit confused too.
The family had the dog before the ban was enacted.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts

They had Lennox previous to the ban, and he is not identified as a Pit Bull and they have no means to identify him as one.

Victoria Stilwell has released an official statement to the Belfast Council that she will pay for Lennox to be taken to the US in full and a promise that these actions will in no way disparage the council at all. Here is to hoping.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sadly, I think, if this poor dog is actually still alive, he's in such bad shape that they are afraid of the reprisal if his true condition is revealed to the world, and the world IS watching at this point. Otherwise, if they insist on killing him, why not at least let the family see him one last time or to have his body afterwards? Why not let him be adopted out of the country? This smacks too much of a cover up. They're hiding something & I hope the family uses their last legal chance to force the BCC to at least produce him to prove he's still alive and in good condition, although after 2 years in that dreadful kennel, I can't imagine how he could be in good shape. His poor heart must be broken. I can barely stand to think about it. I just keep cuddling my own girl, grateful that no one will take her from me.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Oh okay, thank you. If the ban was placed afterwards and the family has lived there their whole life, that's really not fair for the authority to do that to them. It's wrong too. It's sad what's happening; I hope Victoria Stilwell can do something. I like her as a trainer and she's a good voice for the dogs.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts

He's not a pit bull.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Sadly, I think, if this poor dog is actually still alive, he's in such bad shape that they are afraid of the reprisal if his true condition is revealed to the world, and the world IS watching at this point. Otherwise, if they insist on killing him, why not at least let the family see him one last time or to have his body afterwards? Why not let him be adopted out of the country? This smacks too much of a cover up. They're hiding something & I hope the family uses their last legal chance to force the BCC to at least produce him to prove he's still alive and in good condition, although after 2 years in that dreadful kennel, I can't imagine how he could be in good shape. His poor heart must be broken. I can barely stand to think about it. I just keep cuddling my own girl, grateful that no one will take her from me.
http://www.savelennox.co.uk/

Unfortunately the photos of him are pretty abysmal. He does not look to be in great shape whenever they were taken. I have always kept it in the back of my mind that he just might already be dead.

Victoria really did sum it up very well in her last statement:

http://positively.com/category/news/

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
That's my thoughts too. I hope he's still alive and something is worked out for him. It's just too sad. I can't imagine what I'd do if that happened to my dogs. I can't imagine my dogs faring well two years in a kennel either.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts