Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to work out how to use the camera so I can teach my husband to use it and maybe, someday, have actual agility video. It's pretty unsteady and unimpressive, but I'm sharing anyway.

And links:
Fetch (singular)

Recall (singular)

Spin-Twirl-Down-Fetch.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwww! She's so smart
I apparently own a tripod (news to me, my husband just told me) so maybe I can try to get some real video of her training sessions/what she knows at some point. I mean it's still a pain but if I didn't lose a whole hand to it, it'd be LESS of one. Then you could listen to me be stuffy AND drawl for like a whole two minutes at a time.

By which I mean: "Thank you, excuse the babble."

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Awesome to see videos of her!

You should definitely set up a tripod and record some training. I don't do it that much, but I always learn something by going back to watch it. It's also fun to see how far they've come.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Definitely*. I hate watching (and honestly listening) to myself on video but I think it'll be well worth it to try and video some, even if I don't ever post the stuff. Even pictures, I notice things I don't pick up in the moment. I'll also probably get used to it.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
I pretty much watch all of my videos with the sound off. Haha. I know it's important to turn on the sound to hear if my marker timing is right or whatever, but I hate to listen to myself.

I can get fairly nervous in front of the camera. It's just one more thing to think about and distracts me from training, and then I can't think on my feet. Though Denise Fenzi points out that it sort of mirrors actually being in front of other people (like at a trial or class) so it's probably good desensitization for me.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I couldn't see the recall video. It's white screen to me and Molly is prettier than ever. I didn't know she was that pretty lol.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pretty much watch all of my videos with the sound off. Haha. I know it's important to turn on the sound to hear if my marker timing is right or whatever, but I hate to listen to myself.

I can get fairly nervous in front of the camera. It's just one more thing to think about and distracts me from training, and then I can't think on my feet. Though Denise Fenzi points out that it sort of mirrors actually being in front of other people (like at a trial or class) so it's probably good desensitization for me.
I think I get MORE nervous at the camera than at trials, which makes no sense to me at all but I bet it would still be good desensitization for me too. We'll see if I can keep up the motivation to give it a go.

I couldn't see the recall video. It's white screen to me and Molly is prettier than ever. I didn't know she was that pretty lol.
I'm sorry. There's a white flash there, but it still seems to be playing for me. I'll give it a poke in a minute and see if I can figure it out.

And thanks! She actually has grown up into a pretty little dog. Way, way better than I expected her to be for a while though. (Awkward, awkward puppy)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts