Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been giving my puppy boxer the wellness 5mix puppy and the person at the store suggested that I might give my puppy wellness puppy large breed, since I have a boxer.

I asked her what was the definition of large breed and she said anything over 50 pounds.

Seems like the average female boxer will weigh 50-60 pounds, so I ended up not getting it, since it was border line of what the lady told me is considered large breed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_dog

I'm wondering when I run out of this bag if I should continue it or go for the large puppy breed bag? I keep reading mixed things about feeding a boxer large breed food. Any thoughts or suggestions

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
if your puppy apears to be doing good on the food I would continue it. Boxers are one of those borderline breeds. but I would lable most of them as a medium sized breed.

how big were your puppy's parents?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the parents only briefly and they looked to be average size. The father was a little short and slightly heavy and the mother was a little bit taller, but pretty thin

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I think you would be getting way better response to this if it were located in the Dog Food part of the forum or the General forum.

I was going to report it so it could be moved, but reporting posts is specific to offensive material, advertising etc. and this thread is none of those things.. it just seem to be in the wrong place?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually posted it in the food section and I'm pretty sure a moderator moved it here. I'm not sure why it was moved to be honest

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Per the boxer standard - they are a medium size breed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts