Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
What gets me the most is when they say "pit bull attacks...whoever" and you finally get to see a picture of the dog and it's not even a pit bull. I have seen two articles now that started out calling the dog a pit bull and one ended up being an Akita mix and the other was some other breed. I mean these dogs couldn't have even come close to having APBT or whatever in them!

In most cases you only have to look at the owner to see that it is their fault. That video posted recently where the guy is chugging back his beer and laughing when his two dogs attacked a mailman...how can people NOT see that the owner is at fault? That guy could have had any breed and I imagine they'd still be out there attacking people. It's all about training and understanding dogs.

If you're going to own a more powerful breed (ANY powerful breed) you just need to know what you are doing with training. I don't believe ANY dog attacks "out of nowhere" there are almost always signs that people just do not know how to read.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts