Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a little "vent".

My poor guy has a strained, possibly "frayed" ACL in his rear knee. So he's on very strict rest - zero running, jumping, etc. for the next three weeks in an attempt to avoid injuring it further making surgery necessary.
We are going on a week long vacation during his "rest" period to a lake where he is normally allowed off leash the entire time and where there will be a lab he LOVES running around with from sun up to sun down. So this trip I'm going to have to keep him on a short leash in the shade and I know it's going to be miserable for him and us alike. His super excited whine / bark will be constant and he'll be trying to pull at the end of the leash, etc. We can't leave him in the cabin alone (rental rules) so I can't crate him in there during the day. Poor guy LOVES our vacation spot so he's not going to be happy when he realizes no one is going to unhook his lead. :(
At least I can let him take a few dips in the lake but with his basset body, they will be very short and infrequent because he can't swim far at all. This is going to stink. Thanks for reading my vent. :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Poor puppy. I got chicken pox during summer vacation between 1st and 2nd grade. I was so sick, the whole summer was lost to it. I know just how your little guy will feel.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Poor guy! I guess extra kongs could be in order? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts