Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding raw for about a year and it is definately not the most convenient thing to feed. I don't have much freezer space, I have to feed outside, its expensive, its yucky:p, makes a mess every time I need to feed. . .I am opening a new business as well as teaching at the obedience club and taking my three dogs to the club four days a week AND going to school and I just don't think I can afford the time and money to feed raw anymore.

The main reason that I am considering switching is that I found a local supplier that carries Innova so I have a pretty good alternative that I did not think I had before.

I think I could handle one raw meal a day and one kibble. Is that bad? Can I do that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
One raw one Kibble is not bad.
Was it messy because your dogs are small and you ground it?

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
i feed raw and i only feed one meal a day. i think that as long as your dogs are healthy and not puppies you should be able to feed the whole raw meal in one sitting. unless, of course, it is too expensive to feed that much raw.

i don't see a problem with feeding one meal raw and one meal kibble.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
How much are you paying per pound for raw on average? When I made the switch it has actually turned out cheaper for me than feeding kibble. I'm spending about $40 to $50 a week on raw for four dogs. But on kibble I was using one $55 bag of dog food every week.

Because of your freezer space issue are you forced to us premade raw? I know that can be very expensive.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
How much are you paying per pound for raw on average? When I made the switch it has actually turned out cheaper for me than feeding kibble. I'm spending about $40 to $50 a week on raw for four dogs. But on kibble I was using one $55 bag of dog food every week.

Because of your freezer space issue are you forced to us premade raw? I know that can be very expensive.
Ditto. I actually save $$ feeding raw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts