Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I have a 6 month old chocolate lab. He is about 60 lbs now. (Expected to be 100 lbs). I feed him 100% raw patties using Stella and Chewy's and Primal. The calculator online says he should be about 4 patties daily (2 per feeding) which is what I am giving him. Do you think he needs more? He is a VERY active puppy! Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
If you don't notice him losing weight, then no, I do not think you need to feed him more. If you start noticing that he looks too thin, I would up the amount then.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's hard to say; I have a 15mnth old *puppy* - in my eyes, she still is. If I feed her *exactly* the portions they state, she's way too thin. She's roughly 50lbs and should be closer to 55lb, I think. However, I do like keeping her a bit thin because she has had shoulder surgery - but she too gets very hungry just prior to her 2nd meal.

You have to remember too, raw digests a LOT faster then kibble; I've seen my dogs get super hungry within a 4hr window from their last meal if they've been active enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts