Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got a puppy and was wondering if anyone had some feedback & recommendations on local dog trainers in and around the Montréal region. I thought I'd ask here, before calling and trying out dog trainers & possibly wasting time and money.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Wango Tango,

If you are in the Montreal region, I will recommend Gaby Popper Montreal Dog Training. https://gabypopper.com/

Our experience with Gaby is and has been extremely professional and most enjoyable. Gaby's kind manner and up to date training knowledge has made both our training sessions and boarding experiences productive, effective and most importantly our dog loves the time spent with Gaby. The positive, humane methods that he employs as the basis of his training is brilliant, fun and entirely effective, eliciting amazing changes in behavior in a very short period of time. We are typically very cautious of others taking care of our dogs, but we immediately felt total confidence in Gaby Popper Dog training Montreal School to both train and board our precious "Leon". From the many photos and videos shared with us during our dog’s stay, it was very evident Gaby and his dog training school went above and beyond the normal care. Gaby is the perfect choice for any dog care and we highly recommend his services.

You can check his website. For group classes, it will be 150 dollars for 4 weeks of training. Its a really affordable price.
https://gabypopper.com/group-dog-training-montreal.php

In the case that you want something more customized to your dog need, Gaby offers private classes for $450.00 - 4 weeks - 6 hours. This is the one we tried and Gaby came to our home in Pierrefonds, in the West Island. By the end of each class, Gaby will leave some homework for you to do together with the dog. Make sure you do the homework so your dog start feeling comfortable with each of the new tasks.

Cheers from,
Carlos, Lucie and “Leon”, the Portuguese Water Dog!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Hi there! In Montreal there are very few APDT certified trainers, or even trainers who have gone through reputable programs such as the Karen Pryor Academy. What sort of training/trainers are you looking for specifically? Are you looking for basic pet dog training, or something in sports, or something related to reactivity, etc.?

For pets, I would recommend Meira Frankl of Perfect Pet Training. She has very good knowledge of R+ based dog training. Otherwise there is also Julie Sansregret of Guides Canins who also offers private dog training. Pup Wellness also has APDT certified trainers.

There are several others, so feel free to message me :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts