Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchase of this harness for a puppy we will be getting this weekend for walk training and for my 5 1/2 year old big guy who generally is a good walker, but could stand some improvement.

So for those who have had experience with these harnesses I ask the following;
1) Overall are they worth it?
2) Good idea for a puppy? If so besides the correct size for the puppy now, should I buy the next 2 or 3 sizes larger now to have on hand to account for growth or would the puppy be sufficiently trained not to need the next sizes?
3) For a large powerful dog (Akita) are they effective?
4) Once trained with the Soft Touch Concepts harness is it ok to go back to the current harness we like (Julius K9)?
5) Any other comments or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
I haven't used that brand, though I have used the Easy Walk which works in the same way (though I prefer the Sense-ation since it doesn't have the martingale action of the Easy Walk). I think they can be effective, and some people really like them. I found that my dog continued to pull into the harness (though not as hard as he could pull into a collar) and it started to effect his gait. Since then I won't use them since I worry about the effect on the shoulders. Now if I need a front attachment I just clip the leash to the front ring on my regular harness, and it works about as well.

So, worth a shot. I would not buy additional sizes for the puppy, and wait and see if you like it first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts