Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean individual dogs, not breeds - in your neighborhood, do you have specific dogs that put a smile on your face when you meet? What about your dogs - do they have 'best friends' living nearby?

One of my neighbors has a 1 year old retriever mix. Our girls have an uncanny ability to detect each other's presence within 100 feet, and will simultaneously whine, growl, and pull until we let them play with each other. Sadly, they're moving out to the suburbs in a few months. We're trying to arrange one last playdate in the park, where they can gnaw on each others' faces to their hearts content.

I have three personal favorites: there's a ridiculously affectionate 11-month old Newfoundland that I usually see on our morning walk, and a 5 year-old Golden Retriever I see on our evening walk. The Newfoundland manages to make friends with every creature she encounters. The Golden demands a belly rub every time we meet. Once I start, my own dog gets jealous, and demands a belly rub of her own. I, of course, am happy to oblige both.

At the dog park, I regularly see an 18-month old Cavalier King Charles that thinks my face is made of candy. Every time I sit down, he launches himself into my lap and overpowers me as he tries to lick my face off.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Let's see....

Toby used to always play w/ Rosie (a female black lab mix that is his age) and though it's not as frequent as it used to be I would say she is still his favorite.

Fergus absolutely loves Jags (a male choc lab abour 3 yrs old) who is always playing fetch in the field behind our house. Actually he may like his human better simply because he loves fetch (at least the chase part) and that guy will throw a ball all day long.

Personally, there is an 11 yr old husky a few block away that is really sweet that I like. And though I've never met him, a male bully breed dog who is just gorgeous that I see on occassion. He's stunning and there is just something about him that I just love I'm just not sure what it is.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Belle and Francie

Belle is a Blue Tick Coonhound and Francie is a Catahoula Leopard dog. they are a sweet pair of old gals (Belle is 8 and I think Francie is 11).

The pair I call the Bully Bros.

I never remember their names but one is an english bulldog and then the other is an american bulldog. BIG goofs the both of them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Our next door neighbor's dog was a yellow lab named Shala. That girl didn't have a mean bone in her body. When we would go into the back yard, she would whine at the fence until we came over to pet her. Sadly, she passed away a couple of months ago and I miss her happy little face.

There's also a corgi that lives down the street. Never met him in person but he sits in their bay window, watching the world go by and he's so cute, he almost doesn't look real.

And I love my sister's dog, Bridger...an Italian Spinone. He's just a big, lovable goofball!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts