Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't think I have a favorite. I like so many different collars. I make a lot of collars for my own dogs out of paracord. I also enjoy finding collars on Etsy. I love collars from Collar Mania and several of my dogs have Ella's Lead leather collars that I love.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Right now a really skinny brown with green kangaroo round braided tag collar from Etsy is my favorite. It disappears under the dog's coat and cuts coat less than any collar I've used before. Love seeing the green flashes of color and color on kangaroo leather seems to last really well. My dogs would be naked in the house except I don't quite trust them enough and would rather somebody picking them up be able to call us direct rather than take them to the vet or shelter to scan for chips. They wear harnesses for walks as that works better for me and again Etsy is my favorite, the dogs have coordinating custom made vest harnesses from a seller there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Douglas Paquette makes really cute collars & leashes. Going into stores that sell it is kind of like going into Pandora for dogs.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My wife went out with our last dog and bought her a pretty collar from wherever, Zoey is wearing that now ... the collar has to be about 7 years old. I made a paracord leash for Zoey and have been thinking about making a color coordinated paracord collar just to match.

I have bought a Rogz dayglow yellow collar for Zoey when she goes to the kennel. It is really well made, the clasp can lock so it doesn't accidently open (don't know how it would do that though) and it has reflective stitching on it. And I just bought her a Brett Michaels step in harness as I wanted to stop using a Martingale collar since she really doesn't pull and I figured it would cause less harm if she did. I like the way the Rogz collar is made and would have bought her a Rogz harness but they don't sell that brand locally and I wanted to make sure the harness fit correctly. The Martingale collar was a cheapie one and it was constantly slipping it's adjustments, I never had that happen to any collar before.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Karma is my favorite.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have lots of collars that I love :) All of my dogs have Paco collars. I think the quality is great. Brooks is currently wearing a braided tag collar from Dark Monster Show Leads and it's just perfect for him :) For fabric collars, I have always been pleased with my Collar Mania collars

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
I really like the White Pine Soft Slip collar:
http://www.whitepineoutfitters.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index10&recordno=2&Product_CatalogID=64&ProductNumber=CAA09&ProductCode=1&ProductSubCodeID=113&NewProduct=0&title_bar2=SOFT SLIP<sup>tm</sup> COLLARS&title_bar=9/16" SOFT SLIP<sup>tm</sup> COLLAR

It is a limited slip so it tightens and the dog can't slip out of it, and it fits flatter and more streamlined than martingales. The nylon is super soft and doesn't break coat. It comes in pretty colors. I like thin minimalist collars on my dogs, and I need something that doesn't break coat, so they fit all of my requirements for only $10.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love Lupine collars for their everyday collars. Each of my dogs have a martingale collar from them and they hold up well.

For leather collars, I have 2 from Karma collars and just got one from Ella's Lead. I love them all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts