Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a tummy upset, i fed the dogs VERY light for a day (yesterday) it wasn't quite fasting because I quite frankly just shampooed and didn't want to worry about cleaning hunger bile up off the carpet..lol

BUT have any of you raw feeders found that your dogs are excessively hungry after light feedings/ fasting?

also we talk about their breath not stinking - which i can say honestly their breath doesn't smell like death but it does smell like raw meat - which is not the best smell..lol anyone else notice this?

One last question - when do you more experianced raw feeders remember things leveling out more? Or rather the dogs/cats fully adjusting to the diet and showing all benefits?

TIA - H

·
Banned
617 Posts
I've been pretty lucky so far. No bad breath no upset stomach and allergies have all gone away. All three are eating machines and can eat all meats.
I see the benefits every time they eat. They are excited about eating and I have very little to pick up in the backyard. On kibble they where turd factories it was a never ending battle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm thanks! I have seen loads of benefits although they smelled a little after eating duck for the first time last night

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah my doggy has raw meat breath, I wonder if it's his breath that stinks or all the hairs around his mouth that have absorbed all the raw meat juices that stink.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well from my little experience with this, only been feeding the puppies raw for just over a month, they have bad breath which doesn't really bother me anyway cause I don't let them lick our faces, well try not to let them.
I have found Zeus is a bit behind Zoe on the getting sick. Zoe only has once but it was in the middle of her sleep and of course on our bed, the smell woke me up, not very pleasent. Zeus has gotten sick a couple of times. Mostly if it's really hot and he's been running around a bit after his meal.
These little inconvinences don't out weigh the bennifits so I look past the smelly breath. Now their fur is wonderful. It's so soft and clean all the time now. Plus their whole personality has done a 180. Totally different dogs since the kibble. I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts