Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
How???? I'm pretty sure I was the first to order. Did you pay extra for faster shipping??
I ordered it pretty darn fast after it was uploaded lol. My shipments from chewy are usually delivered next day...sometimes they take two days...but they are very fast

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I always order on Sunday night and I always get my Chewy packages on Thursday. Not bad for a heavy parcel halfway across the country, I think. Whenever I order from Drs Foster & Smith, I get it the next day (provided I order in the morning of course). But they're in Wisconsin so that's about right.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Chewy is super fast for me too. I'm in MD and have ordered before on, say, Sunday at 11pm and received it Tuesday before noon. It has never taken longer than 2 days for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I always order on Sunday night and I always get my Chewy packages on Thursday. Not bad for a heavy parcel halfway across the country, I think. Whenever I order from Drs Foster & Smith, I get it the next day (provided I order in the morning of course). But they're in Wisconsin so that's about right.
The Facebook Page says the foods will be available in South Dakota from a Distributor in Minneapolis called Solid Gold Northland.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
The Facebook Page says the foods will be available in South Dakota from a Distributor in Minneapolis called Solid Gold Northland.
Well, that's interesting. I wonder which stores will get it. I never thought of getting it locally. There is a boutique-y place in Sioux Falls that probably will carry it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, that's interesting. I wonder which stores will get it. I never thought of getting it locally. There is a boutique-y place in Sioux Falls that probably will carry it.
How interesting that a brand from Italy just rolling out finds its way to North & South Dakota early on.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I'm rather surprised by it myself. The dog food selection in most local stores is terrible, and high-end brands don't seem to sell well. But everything we get is distributed out of Minneapolis so maybe that's why.

Oh, and I've had this problem before---just because a distributor has it, doesn't mean the store carries it on a regular basis. But they can special-order so there's that at least.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Have been feeding the low grain cod for about a week now. No complaints on dogs part, obviously labs will eat anything. The only thing I really don't like is the size of the kibbles, they're pretty big and round making it hard to use his food dispensing toys. I like the flat kibble shape better.

I have noticed more eye goop but the pollen is awful right now so that probably has more to do with it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I see on there web sites they have a Lamb and blueberry I would like that to try that but I do not see that on the chewy site. I am fearful my bichon is allergic to chicken and try to avoid it. He in lamb right now. He seems less itchy however the allergies are bad here in Pa. right now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I see on there web sites they have a Lamb and blueberry I would like that to try that but I do not see that on the chewy site. I am fearful my bichon is allergic to chicken and try to avoid it. He in lamb right now. He seems less itchy however the allergies are bad here in Pa. right now.
According to Farmina, Chewy will have the Lamb hopefully sometime in May.

Just want to point out, their Cod and Ancestral Grain food is 100% chicken free! The Lamb does have some chicken fat but that usually isn't a problem for dogs allergic to chicken.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Going to get samples first before switching to it, but I'm sure Bella will love it she likes anything you toss to her. hehe

Still I figure I'd try sample before going for it. It does look good. Plan to try the herring and then boar.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mariotloveschris, thanks I did not know that about the lamb and blueberry that is contained chicken fat. How does one find the fat content protein on chewy site? I do not see it listed on there page for Farmina.

Also how do you get samples? It is wise to get samples although long term it won't tell to much but at least to see if he liked it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mariotloveschris, thanks I did not know that about the lamb and blueberry that is contained chicken fat. How does one find the fat content protein on chewy site? I do not see it listed on there page for Farmina.

Also how do you get samples? It is wise to get samples although long term it won't tell to much but at least to see if he liked it.
You mean how much protein comes from the chicken fat? Ask them! They pretty much will answer any and every question you have. They answer fastest on Facebook but if you don't have one you can go to the USA Farmina website and send them a message through the information tab. You can also ask for samples in your message or on Facebook.

If you were asking how do you know what kind of fat they use in each formula, it's in the ingredient lists on the Farmina website. Click on the formula you are interested in and it will give you the full ingredient list.

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to send them a message if you don't have Facebook http://usa.farmina.com/?q=contact

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok--I mean on the bag it should tell you for each individual bag. All bags have it and most web sites will show you that I am surprised I cannot find it on Chewy.
Protein 24%
Crude fat 12%

All bags show this someplace. I have him on a low fat diet, at 7% on Annamaet so I am concerned about the fat content. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts