Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog burps a lot and she doesn't say excuse me. Should I be concerned? Is that an attitude problem?:redface:

Ok now for the serious question is it normal for dogs to burp frequently? She burps before and after bedtime and just after meals and occasionally throughout the day.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have a cavalier burping in my face on a daily basis. I like to think that this is how she says thank you because lots of "kisses" follow and she only does it after a particularly exciting meal or bone... Anyway, I think burping is normal. I hope it is.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope it's not a bad thing... healthwise.... is it a warning of some digestive problem?? never heard a fart from her though LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Even a dog (or human) on the healthiest diet possible will build up digestive gases.
They have to escape out one end or the other.

My dogs give me a myriad of weird and wonderful sounds from belching to coughing to regurgitating etc just after merely having a drink at times.
If the dog is on healthy proper diet and looks happy and healthy I wouldn't worry about it too much.
If his burps smell like death on the other hand that would be a cause for concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts