Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a new puppy start at work this week. She is a 14 week old boerboel puppy. I'm excited that I will get to have some hands on experience with a dog of this breed!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Cool news. They are a nice breed although there are some issues with them. Is your work training or vet? (or something else) I'm sure you said before.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dogdaycare. I'm not sure how long she will do well in this environment, but I'm still excited:) I'm not sure how well bred she is, she kinda has a parrot mouth and her tail looks set really low. We also have a cane corso who comes, she is a year and a half, tall and gangly though. Not sure if she will fill out as she gets older. Lately she has been into chest pounding the other dogs into the ground, mostly a sharpei pit mix . . . who loves it. I'm getting to meet all these breeds now that I haven't been able to work with in person:)

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Oh daycare that must be fun. Meeting all those dogs! Really the situation is that even the well bred ones have their share of health or temperament problems. LOL I can imagine, Cane Corso's can play rough all in good fun. They can really pushing their weight around, mine doesn't mean to be a bully but just how she plays. I've seen also seen a female Corso be in charge over a large male Boerboel. Boerboels tend to be just about as goofy as Cane Corsos. They are a blast.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is fun:) I am getting to meet lots of different breeds I never would have been able to have hands on experience with otherwise. The corso is a big goof ball, she does like to push her weight around, but she isn't mean, just big and pushy! She is really sweet with people she knows though, love her. I took a couple of pictures of the boerboel puppy today and a young bull mastiff girly too I will post them up in a day or two:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts