Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning
In the past 7 days my dog has been experiencing excessive thirst and urination. We have been to the vet numerous times and had urine analysis and blood work done with no results. It was not his kidneys which we thought it was. Now he is just depressed. He is only a 16 week old German/Black lab mix and we have no idea what is wrong with him. The blood work came back normal for everything so this is leaving us baffled. The vet just seems to what to do test after test after test and is not giving us any idea what is wrong. So I am asking for any advice to help us figure this out. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We thought it was diabetes also but i thought that would be ruled out by the blood panel. We were feeding him Science Diet on recommendation from the vet, however we found out that the vets get paid to sell that brand. So we spoke to the vet and he told us to switch thinking he might have an allergy so we now switched to Blue Buffalo.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Blue is a good food. You need to know what tests were covered in the blood panel test. Was dog fed before test. Make sure you have a hard copy of all test blood/urine for your dog. With test information in hand, it may be time for a second opinion.

Did this show up after vaccinations ?
Did your test cover Thyroid and hormones that help manage the body’s processes.?
Also consider other chemicals , for example: flea meds or anything your dog may be exposed to around house.

Best , oldhounddog

·
Registered
751 Posts
Koda went threw the same thing last year for 2 MONTHS. However is was in 3-4 day sessions and just suddenly stopped.
I think if your vet cant find anything get another vet to check him out to be sure :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
These symptoms can be very hard to diagnose. I was visiting a website on this very thing for a neighbor who's dog has the same symptoms. The website is http://www.fetchdog.com. Type in "Testing-Dogs-for-Increased-Thirst-and-Urination". Hope this helps!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts