Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently Gizmo has started shedding like crazy. If you pull on some fur ALOT of it comes out. I don't know whether or not he's losing his puppy coat and getting his adult coat or if its the TOTW Pacific Stream formula we switched him to. The other two dogs don't have this problem though Taz is shedding but not nearly as much as Gizmo. If this is a side effect of the Pacific Stream formula I'm gonna be majorly bummed out because I really want them on that specific formula. It doesn't seem to bother him too much other than the shedding. It's not like clumps of fur are falling off him and his skin isn't blotchy or irritated. If anything I'm more annoyed that there's dog hair all over everything as of late :/ For example I went to turn on my GameCube (gaming console) and there was hair ALL OVER (and in) it. Is there a shampoo I can use that can help with this? I've already bought a FurGo excess hair removal thingy and got what I could off of Gizmo. So any suggestion you guys have are more than welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I wish I had some help for you as to what caused the shedding but I don't. As for dealing with the hair - we furminatate our major shedder (Misty our Siberian Husky), we own an impressive collection of lint rollers, a few of those things you roll back and forth across furniture to pick up hair, we throw blankets over the furniture (she isn't allows on the furniture but it protects it from floating hair), a vacuum, we close everything we don't want hair in or and cover what we don't want hair on. The car seat has a cover over it, she gets brushed outside (and I wear clothes I don't mind hair on). It's a management thing because for us the shedding isn't going away.

What breed is Gizmo?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wish I had some help for you as to what caused the shedding but I don't. As for dealing with the hair - we furminatate our major shedder (Misty our Siberian Husky), we own an impressive collection of lint rollers, a few of those things you roll back and forth across furniture to pick up hair, we throw blankets over the furniture (she isn't allows on the furniture but it protects it from floating hair), a vacuum, we close everything we don't want hair in or and cover what we don't want hair on. The car seat has a cover over it, she gets brushed outside (and I wear clothes I don't mind hair on). It's a management thing because for us the shedding isn't going away.

What breed is Gizmo?
I think we definitely need to invest in a lint roller lol but to answer your question Gizmo is a short haired chihuahua/dashund mix his brother, Taz, is a boxer/chihuahua mix. They had the same chihuahua mother but different fathers, and she gave birth to them in my grandfather's garage in Madera on Thanksgiving 2010 and in January my grandpa found the babies on his porch. She only had two pups. (I figured a lil background info wouldn't hurt lol) They will be 8 months old on the 26th of this month.

I think we definitely need to invest in a lint roller lol but to answer your question Gizmo is a short haired chihuahua/dashund mix his brother, Taz, is a boxer/chihuahua mix. They had the same chihuahua mother but different fathers, and she gave birth to them in my grandfather's garage in Madera on Thanksgiving 2010 and in January my grandpa found the babies on his porch. She only had two pups. (I figured a lil background info wouldn't hurt lol) They will be 8 months old on the 26th of this month.
Btw the mother was a stray who had taken up residence in my grandpas garage but was nowhere to be seen after he found her pups on his porch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts