Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've got an 8 month old rottie mix who has had explosive diarrhea off and on (but mostly on) for what's going on a week now. The first day he was horrendously sick and also vommitted up stuff that had a strange resemblance to the diarrhea I was cleaning up. So I'm not sure if he ate his own stools or what he would have done.
When it first happened I gave him raw pumpkin to see if I could get his stomach to calm down, which did not work at all. It just made for more colorful diarrhea.
Then we did a day of pork broth and the next day a little bit of boiled pork as well. For a two days he had normal stools and seemed fine. So I put him back onto his raw diet, starting with chicken all over again. For almost two days there were no problems and now he's back to being sick.
I have two other dogs and they have been fine throughout.
Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with him?
My next step is the vet, btw in case anyone is freaking out. It's just it seemed to have gone away for a couple of days and he eats EVERYTHING so I'm not usually surprised by him having an upset belly. But clearly something is up.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Definitely a trip to the vet to rule out any medical issues. That being said: How long has he been on the Raw diet? What are you feeding? How long did you wait before adding in new proteins??? It could be that He is not getting enough bone and/or too much fat in his diet....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts