Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you just have one dog, it might work. Multiple dogs....you'd have to give it to all of them.

I had the same problem....bought a pooper scooper instead. She cant eat it when I pick it up right when she does it. Yeah, it takes work, since I have to be with her when she goes, but her 'system' is pretty predictable, so its not too bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you just have one dog, it might work. Multiple dogs....you'd have to give it to all of them.

I had the same problem....bought a pooper scooper instead. She cant eat it when I pick it up right when she does it. Yeah, it takes work, since I have to be with her when she goes, but her 'system' is pretty predictable, so its not too bad.
Have you actually gave Excel to your dog? Did it work??? Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I did, and she still ate it. Sometimes she would eat her own, sometimes it was others that I didn't give the pill to. I gave up and started picking it up.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I tried it with my puppy. She doesn't eat her own though, just my other dogs. It seemed to work for a while but now she's back at it. I try to grab all the poop that I find but sometimes I miss one or two pieces... I then end up having to pry open her mouth and make her drop it. We are working on the "leave it" and "drop it" commands!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I personally just gave up with my dogs, LOL. They eat poop. They enjoy the poop. I know which ones to not let lick me in the mouth. All is well. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts