Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the movie, Benji, the Hunted. I grew up with it and I know it doesn't have much dialogue as the other movies, but it's my absolute favorite. I love the music and am not scared of the black wolf (yay!). But every time I watch the film, I can't help but think what breeds are in Benji?

His owner said (dog's name was Higgins and later his daughter Benjean--which was in this film) both were: Border Terrier, Mini Poodle, Cocker Spaniel, Schnauzer mix. I'm not sure if I can see any of those breeds in him or is he just an all around mutt?

So I have a picture of him (online I found) and thought what do you all think he is?

1) http://a.dolimg.com/en-US/disneyfans/media/history/movies/benjithehunted/benjithehunted_240.jpg

2) http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/c9417736b4d8105f381abee1d074e486/l.jpg

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
looks like my muttly mutt Mae :) She has at-least 8 different breeds in here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From the Benji website:

"Benji is a female mixed breed. Owner-creator Joe Camp believes there might be some Tibetan Terrier, and perhaps a bit of spaniel because she spreads out on the floor like a bear rug with her back legs splayed out behind her, a trait of spaniels."

The Benji he is referring to is the original Benji's daughter.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
a mix of mix is not going to show distinct breeds, keep mixing you eventually end up with generic yellow dog, my friend has a known mix of 4 breeds and the dog does not look anything like any of them lol. that said when I look an Benji I see Border Terrier and Spanial easy.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I know, thanks Abbylynn! That's how I got onto Higgins' breed too; do any of you like the Benji films?
I honestly don't believe I ever got to watch one all the way through ... always interrupted or such. :( I just think the dog is adorable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts