Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone have a brand of Ex-Pen that they can recommend for puppy potty training? One with a gate preferably. pup will be a standard schnauzer..... I'd guess he might be 15-20 lbs when we get him at 11 weeks old....

I've checked Amazon but seems like for every one there is a negative review, pup caught paws in design of one, another had bad welds and metal bits coming off, another fell over easily and was flimsy.......

I'll have it anchored to an open dog crate. And pup will only be in it while I am in another room and can't have pup tethered to me. Will also have pup in it when I am out of the house...

LAst one I used was borrowed and I returned it... wasn't the best design either, no gate.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I bought this one (8 panel) for Aidan: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FS4OYA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I had to put an end table inside it to keep it from moving around on the rug or collapsing if he jumped against it. His crate was in there, too. I placed it so that 2 panels were against a wall, with the crate and end table against that part of it. I didn't want to anchor it to the wall because we rent, and I am someone who is not handy and is apt to make a lot of holes trying to anchor items.

It worked out very well for us. He didn't try to get out. My teens could fit in through the door -- so could I, but I didn't tell anyone that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts