Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .....has anyone fed Evo Innova Dog Kibble? I'm looking to rotate foods. I feed Grain-Free - any feedback on this food? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I feed it to Maddie, b/c she's allergic to seemingly everything - esp. grains and potato. Evo has very low carbs, so it helps her itchiness - it doesn't feed the yeast problem she tends to have. The Herring and Salmon is potato free, which helps Maddie's problems, too. It's very high in protein, but it doesn't seem to bother her. She had a semi-loose stool for a few days, then she was fine. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, it might be too rich for him. I really like it for Maddie's situation

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I just ordered a bag of the Herring & Salmon - I now feed him Go by Petcurean, but I want to rotate for him a bit. I tried Earthborn, he liked it at first, then started leaving it. I tried Now by Petcurean & he loved it, but I noticed he was itching more than usual. My next rotation will be to try Fromm.

Your dogs are adorable - I had a Boxer when I was younger - great dogs :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wont feed Innova... Proctor and Gamble own them now (Iams)

I do a rotation diet (but my dogs get something different every meal) I feed Acana, Orijen, Merrick, Fromm, Go, Now, Addiction, and First Mate, for dry foods. Canned I feed Merrick, Addiction, Blue's Stew and Tripette, for dehydrated Raw I feed The Honest Kitchen, Canisource, and Addiction, plus I feed raw, homecooked, table scraps, sardines, canned meats... whatever really.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Random question: Why do I always see people calling it Evo Innova? Evo and Innova are two seperate foods made by Natura Pet. ???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Random question: Why do I always see people calling it Evo Innova? Evo and Innova are two seperate foods made by Natura Pet. ???
Nope made by Proctor and Gamble... (Iams)

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
It's kinda like Wellness and Wellness Core. There's Innova and Innova Evo. I think it's more recently that Innova Evo was changed to just EVO after it was acquired by P&G.

I remember a while back people really hated on Iams for a leaked video of their animal testing or something. Anyways, dislike of a brand's practices and issues usually extends to the entire company. Like how people won't feed any Diamond products

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
People do the same thing with Blue Buffalo's Wilderness and just call Blue Wilderness. Even though its made by Blue Buffalo,m and the line is called Wilderness. After examining the packages of both indepth yesterday, I figured it out, but it does get confusing sometimes, especially if you're new to dogs or to high-end dog food.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just got a bag and will be trying it out. I was generally happy with Innova, and honestly, I've got nothing against P&G. Don't care for them much, but I don't hate them either. Oh, and I feed Taste of the Wild too XP

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's kinda like Wellness and Wellness Core. There's Innova and Innova Evo. I think it's more recently that Innova Evo was changed to just EVO after it was acquired by P&G.
If it's true that Innova and EVO used to be the same food, then it's been at least two years that they've been separate lines. I also think there is a difference between calling a food say "Blue Wilderness" (brand and then line) than there is calling it "Freedom Wilderness" (mixing up two separate lines). When you mix up lines of food, it makes it very hard to dispense advice because now you have to waste a whole response asking "Okay, which one are you feeding? Evo or Innova?"

·
Registered
471 Posts
If it's true that Innova and EVO used to be the same food, then it's been at least two years that they've been separate lines. I also think there is a difference between calling a food say "Blue Wilderness" (brand and then line) than there is calling it "Freedom Wilderness" (mixing up two separate lines). When you mix up lines of food, it makes it very hard to dispense advice because now you have to waste a whole response asking "Okay, which one are you feeding? Evo or Innova?"
They were never the same food. One food is simply called "Innova," the other is called "Innova Evo."

More on topic, I would never feed either one since they were bought out. The local shops here even stopped selling it because they refused to associate with P&G.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They were never the same food. One food is simply called "Innova," the other is called "Innova Evo."

More on topic, I would never feed either one since they were bought out. The local shops here even stopped selling it because they refused to associate with P&G.
Exactly! I have everything against large corporations making dog food. And if they make a food that's crap, what's to say they care about their higher end foods? P&G makes horrid dog foods! and has horrid animal testing practices, why would I feed my dogs anything that they make?

And I wont feed anything made by diamond either... after seeing the article on the state of their plant? nope, not gonna happen!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Even though Innova has changed hands, their ingredients have not changed, so I still consider it to be a great food.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
They've never been the same food. Innova is grain inclusive (unless they now have a gf but in years past, grain inclusive) and Evo is grainfree

·
Registered
106 Posts

They've never been the same food. Innova is grain inclusive (unless they now have a gf but in years past, grain inclusive) and Evo is grainfree
What I meant was that they shared names. That Innova EVO was one food and Innova another, but now there is Innova and then Evo. But they've had this new naming for the past two years so I don't understand why the old name is still used.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Even though Innova has changed hands, their ingredients have not changed, so I still consider it to be a great food.
I agree. I would recommend both Innova and EVO.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't feed them and wouldn't.

When we fed kibble exclusively we fed Blue Wilderness, Acana and various freeze dried options like The Honest Kitchen and Grandma Lucy's. Recently, there is a product our called Zero/G made by darford. We are trying it out at a show in a few weeks. seems pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts