Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right through my own tears I want to share this on Dog forums with fellow animal lovers to make you aware what we live among and to push people to stand up for animals now, I will NEVER understand the evil that exsist but it happens everywhere around the world but this is by far the worst case I have ever come across and it has truly affected me to the point where I feel like disappearing away into my own bubble with my 2 spaniels. I don't go looking for stories but with setting up a 'another site' page for my petition I happened to come across this posted by DFW Rescue Me group. I am sharing this because I want help with my petition which is for stronger action against animal abuse, I can't do it alone. I have set up a petition with a target of 100,000 signatures before August 2012. It is a genuine petition and I have asked for 4 things to be put in place 1. An instant ban for life from owning a pet (at the minute it's the juges discretion) 2. Regular home visits to be kept to enusre no pet is kept. 3. A register of offenders to be made public to all vets, kennels and breeders and 4. A animal awareness course to be attended just like we have to when caught drink driving. I haven't asked for jail terms or fines for this to get thrown straight out due to prisons being full and justice for murderers not given I've taken a different approach. Something has to be done and although I can't control the sick evil scum that do such things I believe this will decrease it. Now please take time to read Justice's (the pups name by the rescue) story there is graphic awful photo's but I'm not sure that Dog forums would allow such photo posted so instead I have posted a photo of Justice in the care of DFW Rescue me hands.....

"From 4/10 - Last Tuesday night, Dallas police responded to a call that a puppy was doused with lighter fluid and lit on fire. When the police arrived, they found the badly burned puppy hiding. The police report states that a large group gathered to burn and hang the puppy. DFW Rescue Me has named this puppy Justice, hoping that he will get just that. So, please meet Justice. DFW Rescue Me was contacted late Tuesday evening to see if we could provide the necessary treatment to save this poor 4-month-old Lab mix. How could we refuse? We rushed Justice to the emergency hospital that night, and he has been receiving lifesaving treatment (along with pain relief) since then. Although he has second and third degree burns over 60% of his body, the vets treating him are cautiously optimistic that he will survive. We are collecting donations for his ongoing medical treatment through our website, DFWRescueMe.org. We don't know yet what surgeries and treatments he will need as his health improves. There is an ongoing investigation of the suspects. We will keep you posted on how sweet Justice is progressing as well as any updated in the police case. PLEASE SHARE!!!

Saturday 14th - Justice Has Passed Away

It is with a heavy heart that we must tell everyone, Justice passed away last night. Everyone here at DFW Rescue Me is incredibly saddened by this sudden news. We were all so very optimistic about his chances for a full recovery and couldn’t wait to see him find a forever home.
Yesterday, after hours of treatment, the doctors at A&M determined he had 3rd degree burns on 70% of his little body. Some of the tissue had become infected and they were not able to keep his blood pressure up. He passed away during the evening.
Now, we can only hope the perpetrators of this horrific crime will be brought to justice and pay the penalty they so completely deserve. The $5,000 reward is still being offered and we pray someone will have the courage to step forward and turn these criminals in.

Here is a letter sent to us by a member of Justice's local medical team:

I am one of the people involved in the medical care of Justice in the time prior to his transport to Texas A&M. I can promise you, that by the wagging of his tail, the nuzzling of his head against your hand and the look in his eyes, that he, at the very least, DID know love while he was with us. This is something to hold on to but it is not enough. We ALL need to do something about this.
It’s moments like these where we often get very angry and sad but then all of that energy goes away and subsides and we just go on with our lives. I want to urge each one of you impacted by his story to take all of that energy and channel it and make a difference in your community by raising awareness and getting involved somehow. DO SOMETHING about this in your community. The only way things will change is if every person gets involved and active in their community, whether in the schools educating children, at a legislative level, helping out the shelters and rescue groups… or even just in your own neighborhood where you see a neglected animal. Don’t just keep on driving – DO SOMETHING!
NOW is the time. NOW is the moment. Find it within yourself to do SOMETHING… ANYTHING… whatever it is. Do your part to make sure his little life lost was not a waste. As angry and distraught as I am over this, I am choosing to focus on the impact that his life can have on change in our area and our state of Texas. I am choosing to do something about it. I am choosing to make a difference so maybe we can stop this from happening again. I am choosing to not just hold on to my anger and sadness and bury my head in the sand. Believe me, whether you are an animal lover or not, this type of criminal behavior will impact you or someone you love one day.
Please don’t forget what happened to Justice – this one life CAN make a difference. Let him be the spark inside you that moves you to make a difference.
Thank you DFW Rescue Me for your endless compassion, tireless efforts and continued mission to be part of this change.

Now my petition is for the UK but it is for stories like Justice's that angered me to start this in the first place.

PLEASE HELP ME AND START TODAY HELPING THE DEFENCELESS. FOR JUSTICE!!!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29577

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Excuse me? My name is Kate Perry see my other posts. I actually find it quite offensive that you could just accuse like that? Please see my photo below this is me and hopefully you will retract your thoughts :-/

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You're that nutter from Dallas/Ft Worth craigslist aren't you. You know the one who has that network who flag any post they think might be suspect. Your writing is tale tell.
You sound like a backyard breeder that is mad because people on CL are enforcing it's terms of use, where they don't allow the sales of pets.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
You sound like a backyard breeder that is mad because people on CL are enforcing it's terms of use, where they don't allow the sales of pets.
Well 1st thread he/she has a dog that runs away, also does not want to neuter the dog (which is any owners choice) 2nd he/she gives advice that says chewing pups can not be stopped/trained not to chew. I think it could be pop corn time.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
That's the same line the network of flaggers always used. No, I was looking to adopt a dog and had to plow through these people flagging every third post because the dog in question was too young, too expensive, too cheap, too old, not put up for adoption for the right reasons.

Yes, sellers can ask what the rules say are a reasonably fee.

What's despicable is how this network resembled some sort of right wing moral Mafia. At one point they were even flagging shelters, for reasons only they would know.

I love dogs, we all love dogs, otherwise we wouldn't have joined up with this forum. How do y'all feel about people? Do the same tears appear at the animal shelter than do at the sight of some child on TV starving with flies buzzing in and out of his mouth?
If puppies are less than 8 weeks, they should be flagged. If they are being SOLD by BYB then they should also be flagged, as pet SALES are not allowed on CL ...only a small fee to recoup money paid for recent vet care to get the dog ready for adoption.
The people flagging old dogs are probably doing so because they can't reach out and slap the owners who would dump an old dog.
The people flagging free dogs, are probably trying to encourage the "sellers" to put even a low price to prevent the pets from being taken by resellers/dog fighters as bait dogs. They should probably have contacted the sellers by email and explained the dangers of free pets, but I do understand what they are trying to accomplish.

Flagging shelters is wrong, but it does take more than one person to flag to get an ad removed.

Of course starving children are sad. But caring for one, doesn't exclude caring for another.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Oh, cry me a river. You seem to expect people here to pity you because some evil conspiracy of people who flag Craigslist posts made it harder for you to buy a bargain basement puppy mill Shih Tzu (when there are thousands of dogs dying in shelters), which you now won't neuter and which you allow to run free throughout the neighborhood (likely to produce even more dogs who will die in shelters)...You know what? I've got the world's saddest violin here, playing the world's saddest song. You seem to resent people for trying to be responsible, and I think you should examine your values.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually don't know what's going on here but I never planned for this response :-/ I simply wanted to share a sad story in light of some support to a petition I have created, you have both lost me with your ranting on stuff I don't understand. Have I missed something? #confused

·
Registered
180 Posts
None of this makes sense. Its a trgic story to bring awareness to a global issue... whats to argue about? THANK YOU Kep127 for your post and your honest sincerity towards the subject. When I was looking through shelters for a pup before we got Loki I came across a story that made me want to run out and take this bulldog who had been shot in the mouth by a shot gun, Alas I had 2 cats and he was across the contry, made me very sad .
In response to the child thing --- whole other bag of worms there.... people would actually be persecuted had this happened to a 8 week old child --- but instead a harmless puppy was targeted and nothing will be done, a fine , a slap on the wrist .... just WAIT until that sicko gets a kid next ( not saying that it ALWAYS leads to that ... but chances are pretty high).

"My complaint was what gives these people (person) the right? We as readers/potential adopters or buyers should have the sense to know if an animal is over-priced, too young, too old, too whatever" - Common sense is not so common and not everyone is educated on the subject and bad things happen to helpless animals. You dont see posting kids on CL.... for many VERY good reasons ... most of which arguments can be added to the puppy argument. I wasn't fully aware until we decided to actually look into getting a dog I have learned a lot from places like this Forum, from taking advise, criticism etc with a grain of salt - taking what I needed, leaving what I didn't. Its the internet afterall. Everyone has an opinion.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
We already have laws on Animal cruelty that can punish these people with minimum 6 months to maximum 2 years in jail plus a fine up to $10,000..

We don't need yet more laws that only make it less likely they will be enforced.

I would not sign your petition, though I would sign one to charge and prosecute the jerks to the fullest if they are apprehended.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Or expect me to turn the other cheek because your postcount is higher than mine.
That doesn't even make sense. I don't care if you "turn the other cheek," which doesn't mean what I suspect you think it means. I was just pointing out the whiny hypocrisy of your complaints about Craigslist.

And obviously you don't "have and find time" for your dog, as you let it run off all the time and can't find the time to train it to come back.

Why people feel the need to come onto internet forums and act like this is simply beyond me. Don't you have better things to do with your time?

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Don't have a clue why Pierce's pic got on Danger's reply.

And anyone, like myself, who complained via a RE post was attacked was some sort of villainous puppy mill salesman who couldn't stand the competition. Same as this guy/gal ..
Oh I guess Pierce and I attacked somebody, cool, neither one of us knew we were in attack mode. More pop corn please, never mind too much cruelty replies, appetite gone.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
This thread is bizarre. Btw, Johnny, it's not like people are just "attacking" you for no reason. Your first response to this thread is about the most insensitive and off-topic thing I've ever read. Then you're going to go complaining that people aren't being sensitive enough towards you as a beginner dog owner. It's ridiculous.

OP, I'm really sorry your thread has been taken so far off topic. Thank you for the work you are doing.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think most of us here have an appreciation for well-used sarcasm. But to jump in on a thread about an injured dog and accuse the poster of flagging things on craigslist is. . .yeah, bizarre.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Or expect me to turn the other cheek
What's so terribly wrong with turning the other cheek?

^^THAT'S^^ pretty much what I'VE done thus far in regards to your other thread: your "perfect and well-behaved" dog escaping and running at large (not exactly perfect nor well-behaved), chasing him around (not the right thing to do), planning on catching him with a fishnet (wow, really?), poo-pooing good advice about check leads (prefering a flexi), having an aversion to crating (mistakenly thinking it would deprive him), having something against s/n (whatever "something" is?, keeping him a "real male" perhaps?), doubting whether your own intelligence has much to do with your dog escaping (I'd say it certainly does) ... and not to mention, some totally off-the-wall and unneccessary racism that you've displayed.

I don't think anyone really "expects" you to turn the other cheek. It's optional, just the same as participation in any public forum is. However, if turning the other cheek is the option you choose it shows tolerance and respect on your part. Everybody here has the right to respect, the right to a personal opinion, and to a personal agenda as well. Everybody. Like it or not.

You can't make the world to order. Sensible people accept it for what it is.

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is absolutely pathetic on the part of any and all that are in the middle of this giant mess of an argument. I seriously do not understand how this hasn't failed to get locked down or how some of you obviously (by the fact that you continue) have not received a nice little warning, slap-on-the-wrist message due to your behavior.

As to the OP, yes. It is a very sad situation and best of luck to you in your endeavor. Heaven forbid that you used the word "should" in your title despite it likely being a very impersonal "should" just as the recent grammar lesson on the impersonal "you." In any case, I don't think that there's a significant issue with the current punishments that can be given, but more so a simple lack of enforcement or lack of actual indictment in these types of cases. I can't imagine the type of person that it takes to do such a thing.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Wow! Anyone want to get back to the original topic?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I love dogs, we all love dogs, otherwise we wouldn't have joined up with this forum. How do y'all feel about people? Do the same tears appear at the animal shelter than do at the sight of some child on TV starving with flies buzzing in and out of his mouth?
it should, a person should be equally disturbed by either of these ads, whichever one it might be, starving, abused dogs or malnurished kids...... both are similar, without the ability to care for themselves, so seeing either in distress should envolk a similar resoinse in a compassionate person.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
To the OP, I do hope you choose to stick around and keep posting here. We tend to get whack jobs here from time to time, but the majority of the regular members are pretty level headed and kind. Either way, I support your cause and wish you the best of luck in what you're doing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts