Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all picked up Buddy today, he's pretty confused & scared right now he really wasn't comfortable being out in the house which I assume is considerably smaller then his foster mom's so I put him in Josefina's crate for the nite & he calmed down. I thought Jo would be mad about being ousted from her house but she was like whatever lol she was kinda happy lol.

Her reaction to him great, she loves him so much she got the zoomies!!!

Here he is on the ride home :) :

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Congratulations DD! He looks tuckered out on the ride home! He's really really handsome though! :D

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks will take more better pics, yeah traveling is hard on anyone.

When he got inside he did this weird seizure thing cuz he was scared :( so I put him in Jo's crate & let her out. We have been working on that for a while anyway, so she was like.... Whatever lol.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Buddy is gorgeous! :) More pics tomorrow please!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, I know that we're all getting used to our routines are screwed up, I hope he can adjust & not be so scared :(, I think I can get him past his leash fear tho but sometimes he'll wig out & try to squirm out of his harness & of course I want him to be safe, any suggestions on leash security? I was thinking about putting two leashes on him, one goes to a collar & the other with the harness.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Don't give up on him....inside I bet is a great dog. Our Skyler is fearful of new places & people, I can't imagine our life without him. My brother moved to our area 15mo ago, he is here often & will also pick the dogs up from daycare to hang put with them. Skyler is just deciding my brother is a good guy. He does everything as we ask him & pays attention to Skyler's body language. It's been awesome to see their relationship grow & see them play outside together. Go slow at his pace, the relationship will come.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, he is an ACD, he's so pretty it looks like he was at one time from a breeder but he also looks like he wasn't treated very well emotionally , like not spent a lot of time with.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yeah, he is an ACD, he's so pretty it looks like he was at one time from a breeder but he also looks like he wasn't treated very well emotionally , like not spent a lot of time with.
That is why you are in his life now ... to make up for the bad times he has had ... his life will be a happy one now. :) I am sure he will repay you many times over as soon as he realizes you are his forever person!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope he does lol, fiancée isn't a dog training 'person' so when he has his issues & such I can tell he gets frustrated (not twds the dog like doignsomethig to him, he's not a mean person) but he'll make frustrated remarks like 'why is he like that' & such but I don't worry, I know he'll come around, I'm all ready starting to 'love' him :'), I hope with time he feels the same way :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
More pics........

- Buddy with me, sorry about how horrible i look..... I have never been good at taking pics, esp when i try to take them with the phone myself LOL.

-Buddy with his sister :) she takes a MUCH better pic then i do LOL LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
he is a very handsome boy!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwe ............. :) I think you all make a good family together!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all picked up Buddy today, he's pretty confused & scared right now he really wasn't comfortable being out in the house which I assume is considerably smaller then his foster mom's so I put him in Josefina's crate for the nite & he calmed down. I thought Jo would be mad about being ousted from her house but she was like whatever lol she was kinda happy lol.

Her reaction to him great, she loves him so much she got the zoomies!!!

Here he is on the ride home :) :

Wow! Such a beautiful dog you've got there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts