Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue, have had all my life I should say, that I can't finish anything. Or at least its very rare unless I'm paid for it.

I'm always thinking of new ideas and want to move on to the next project before I finish the previous 5, and its becoming a problem.

I work from home, so when it comes to clients its much easier, but when it comes to my stuff I'm just never satisfied. Also, I get bored 40% into the project and can't look at it anymore.

Its only latley I've been finishing stuff, because I choose tiny projects I can finish in 5 hours or less and do it all in one go, so I can then move on to the next.

IE, I've been doing my website for years and am still not happy with it. I have gone through about 10 designs, and am thinking of a new one I think will be AWESOME, but once I get 40% into it I can't focus on it anymore... I often tend to get really tired and want to sleep if I try, no joke either.

So my question is, have you had this issue? How do you deal with it?
And please don't say "Discipline and will", because I've tried both and unless someone has a gun to my head I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yep, I'm exactly the same way... someone said to me one time, "Oh, you're a starter." I was like "huh?" She said "You like to start things but lose steam halfway through and don't get around to finishing them." Yep, that about sums it up.

What helps me is the old-fashioned "make a list of what you want to do" then "prioritize"... it sounds ridiculously simple, but I was just able to finish 3 dumb little things I had started last week and never got around to finishing, just by making a list. That whole "discipline and will" thing is a complete mystery to me. :D

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I am self employed and everything I do is so structured to a T that I cant seem to grasp that with my personal things. It could be me rebelling against such structure when I dont have to maybe. Regardless.. Its the way that I am and I am not about to change it..If my personal things became a chore I would be one boring person. And my visits to DF would suffer! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, I'm the same way as well, Got maybe 25 projects outside that need to be done yet, need to fix one of the mowers before the grass starts to grow. Plus I've got many more projects inside. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts