Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if giving my puppy and ever lasting treat ball or a large treat bone (not an actual bone but a baked peanut putter snack) is bad for when I'm leaving. I will be gone around 4 hours a day Mon-Wed for the next 6 weeks. After that I return to 8 hours day but Benji will be old enough and used to being alone by then that I'm not too worried. I wanted to know if I left him with a treat bone or ball or something would that make him obese, need to poop more or is just a bad idea in general. As of now I give him 3 min to work at one of the bones before I take it away and being so tiny he honestly doesn't get much out of it. I'm worried about coming back and the whole thing being gone! People have said to leave him with a stuffed kong of frozen food or something but I feel like its just going to have him need to use the bathroom faster when I'm not here to take him out. I plan on playing with him for a good 30 min before I leave and then doing a 5-10 min training session.

Any tips on the large treats?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
A Kong is a good idea and shouldn't change his bathroom schedule much. However, start him now, just in case something in the Kong is too rich and gives him the runs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts