Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is a new one for me! Someone on Craigs List is giving away a shepadoodle which is a gsd and standard poodle mix. Is that not the funniest thing you have ever heard of?? There is even a picture of her, look........
http://dothan.craigslist.org/pet/1084655877.html

If I was in the market for another big dog, I would adopt her!!!:):)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Very cute. I once came across a rescue that had pit/poodle mixes... they were adorable.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I've seen a sheltiedoodle, looked like a grooming nightmare...loooong sheltie fur, but also curly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow that looks a lot like my pound adoptee. He was listed as a Wolfhound/Lab mix but he's not large enough to be a wolfhound. And now that he's cleaned up he has some waviness in his coat. Doesn't have the non-shed gene though, dang :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Yea, I would think so!! Not really what you would consider a designer pup, cute, but I just don't see there being a market for the shepadoodle.

I was referring to the (hopefully not) Pitoodles..

the very last thing the APBT breed needs right now is to get roped into the whole "Doodle" Debacle....

course I hope the Shepoodle was an oopsie too...

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that looks a lot like my pound adoptee. He was listed as a Wolfhound/Lab mix but he's not large enough to be a wolfhound. And now that he's cleaned up he has some waviness in his coat. Doesn't have the non-shed gene though, dang :)
Hey, he does look like a shepadoodle!! How cute! Is he real smart? If so, that would be the poodle trait! (just kidding GSD lovers! I think they are great as well, I am just partial to the poodle:D)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was actually at a "pet Expo" this past weekend, and one of the German Shepherd rescues that was there had two "shepadoodle" puppies... they were super CUTE!!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I was referring to the (hopefully not) Pitoodles..

the very last thing the APBT breed needs right now is to get roped into the whole "Doodle" Debacle....

course I hope the Shepoodle was an oopsie too...
Agreed! However the thought of a curly pit bull sounds pretty dang cute LOL

I once saw a pit/springer spaniel mix come through from the humane society. It was literally the collar and coat of a liver colored springer spaniel with the body/head shape of a APBT. Very cute and sweet!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
They're actually listed on the dogbreedinfosomethingortheother website. And apparently, they are being purposely bred.

*bangs head against wall*

I'm sorry, but those are one of the most ridiculous mix I've ever heard of. It looks like everything the German shepherd should not be. The Craigslist dog is one of the cuter pictures I've seen, but shepadoodles... >.< gahh.

There's also a Doberdoodle or something like that. And a Huskydoodle. I wouldn't be surprised if there WAS a Pitidoodle

·
Registered
640 Posts
Boy, I feel so left out... I have mere poodlepoodles!! or maybe I could call them poodledoodles so they sound cuter? :D

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Poodoodles are cuter as puppies and prettier as adults than any designer mix I've seen (*hint**hint*we do not see enough pictures of your dogs, Julia*hint*)

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
They're actually listed on the dogbreedinfosomethingortheother website. And apparently, they are being purposely bred.

*bangs head against wall*

I'm sorry, but those are one of the most ridiculous mix I've ever heard of. It looks like everything the German shepherd should not be. The Craigslist dog is one of the cuter pictures I've seen, but shepadoodles... >.< gahh.

There's also a Doberdoodle or something like that. And a Huskydoodle. I wouldn't be surprised if there WAS a Pitidoodle

it isn't "doberdoodle"...its...doodleman pinscher....

Poodles are alright dogs. I've met a few poods that I had some fun with.

But man...if I was a poodle person Id be kind of concerned about all these poodle crosses...

its like

I meet like twenty different doodles a day. in the past five years I think I've run across like maybe five or six pure poodles....

and as for the "pitoodle" thing...Im sorry but the idea makes me want to retch...The PROPER pure APBT is actually a rare dog these days and getting rarer. With horrid breeding practices, dogfighting, BSL and the whole dang world against the breed...adding APBTs to the whole "doodle" trend is going to cause zilch but trouble...

Equinox....mind if I join you?
*bangs head against the wall next to Equinox*

1 - 20 of 51 Posts