Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

13701 - 13720 of 13756 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have my fingers crossed that you get a more normal life back R.
Brian is refusing to have a tutor. He says it's "his life". I told him we may not give him a choice. We're still thinking about what the best approach may be.
I don't know what happens if he fails math this semester but, I am considering letting him refuse the tutor and see if he fails. If he fails and has to take summer school, maybe he will learn a lesson.
Being a parent can be very tricky sometimes!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I have my fingers crossed that you get a more normal life back R.
Brian is refusing to have a tutor. He says it's "his life". I told him we may not give him a choice. We're still thinking about what the best approach may be.
I don't know what happens if he fails math this semester but, I am considering letting him refuse the tutor and see if he fails. If he fails and has to take summer school, maybe he will learn a lesson.
Wish I could help- not being a parent myself. All I could tell you is where my parents failed, and I doubt you do a single one of these things lolol.

The only thing that I wonder is, is he struggling with the understanding of the problems, or is he struggling with the motivation to do the problems? I never had issues with the former, but had issues with the latter. Teachers tried to do a lot of things to help me understand the problems, but they were operating on the assumption that I cared about doing it right, and that my interpreter was doing a poor job translating their lectures.

So it did not work for me, maybe had they known it was the other way around, some incentive would have helped? I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,703
@ Ry: I thought that's what you were referring to. Just didn't know if maybe you had set it up to talk to him about the situation and that's what made it uncomfortable.

I do hope you can achieve that 'stable' schedule. :)

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
@ Ry: I thought that's what you were referring to. Just didn't know if maybe you had set it up to talk to him about the situation and that's what made it uncomfortable.

I do hope you can achieve that 'stable' schedule. :)
Oh, no, it's just the whole... dinner with him = me coming home late again that was unpleasant. Especially considering he works from 8am to 130pm every day, and I work 4am to 430pm every day. Would really rather he just tell me what he wants to tell me during the day and leave me the heck alone. Ah, well, it's the game we all play, and my promotion to Vice President is coming soon (I had known about it for months now, but it's not official until the current VP retires) so I have to oblige.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm having a day. I keep getting these ridiculous adoption applications for Jasmine. For some reason, half the apps I've gotten on her have been for a black cocker spaniel puppy. The other half have just been ridiculous people that don't read that she's too boisterous for small dogs or cats. I don't get it. It's almost been a year. She needs to find her place.

How you get a cocker from this is beyond me.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,706
Sorry to hear that Cerbiesmom. The right person is out there.. it will just take time. :)

And are you sure she's not a black cocker spaniel?????? If I close my eyes and think real hard she looks just like one... LOL

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'm having a day. I keep getting these ridiculous adoption applications for Jasmine. For some reason, half the apps I've gotten on her have been for a black cocker spaniel puppy. The other half have just been ridiculous people that don't read that she's too boisterous for small dogs or cats. I don't get it. It's almost been a year. She needs to find her place.

How you get a cocker from this is beyond me.
Wow! That's the cutest black cocker I have ever seen!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry to hear that Cerbiesmom. The right person is out there.. it will just take time. :)

And are you sure she's not a black cocker spaniel?????? If I close my eyes and think real hard she looks just like one... LOL
I know. But it's coming up on a year now. She really needs her own space. She's in the kennel too much since it's cold now. I wish she got along with the cats and the weiners, she'd stay with us.

LOL. I think you may need your eyes or thought process checked, lol.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I need to post.. I want to reach 3000 by the end of this week.. LOL..

CerbiesMom that's one good looking dog! :)
I think so too! I dont' have a clue why nobody wants this girl. Crate-trained, house trained, knows sit, paw, down. Working on stay. Doesn't bark, but will cry if she's in the crate and wants outside. She's a ton of fun and the most cuddly dog ever. Her pups were far cuter!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
He's very lucky to have you as a mom :p . When I did bad in math my mom didn't give me a choice in accepting the tutor or not:

Asian Tutor:

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,715 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
He's very lucky to have you as a mom :p . When I did bad in math my mom didn't give me a choice in accepting the tutor or not:

Asian Tutor:
Our philosophy of parenting is to have our children responsible for their decisions and to accept the consequences for their choices. They know we are there for back-up whenever they ask.

So far, I have a sophomore in college who is the most amazing and responsible, while also very fun-loving, girl you would ever meet. My son has faced all kinds of adversity and has learned lots of life lessons. He is a junior in high school and doesn't smoke, drink, or get into trouble. He is respectful to us and does whatever we ask of him around the house. He gets himself up for school and makes his own lunch and does his homework without being told.

So, this tutor question is one we have decided to let drop. If he has to repeat algebra or go to summer school, that is his problem. Who knows, he might just pull his grade out of the toilet. We will see.

I have a friend who got a tutor for her son. Her son still got a 60 on the midterm. There are no guarantees in this life. So, we have decided that our son can make this decision and live with whatever comes next.

It's just algebra, it's not life or death.......

Happy 3000th post Mudra!!! :clap2:

Nice Friday dance too!!!

Party time.. really????? Can it be a breakfast party with bloody marys???
Why not martinis?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,717
Our philosophy of parenting is to have our children responsible for their decisions and to accept the consequences for their choices. They know we are there for back-up whenever they ask.

So far, I have a sophomore in college who is the most amazing and responsible, while also very fun-loving, girl you would ever meet. My son has faced all kinds of adversity and has learned lots of life lessons. He is a junior in high school and doesn't smoke, drink, or get into trouble. He is respectful to us and does whatever we ask of him around the house. He gets himself up for school and makes his own lunch and does his homework without being told.

So, this tutor question is one we have decided to let drop. If he has to repeat algebra or go to summer school, that is his problem. Who knows, he might just pull his grade out of the toilet. We will see.

I have a friend who got a tutor for her son. Her son still got a 60 on the midterm. There are no guarantees in this life. So, we have decided that our son can make this decision and live with whatever comes next.

It's just algebra, it's not life or death.......

Why not martinis?
cuz bloody marys go better with eggs??? But heck if you want martinis.. that's ok too!!

13701 - 13720 of 13756 Posts