Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 13756 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having one of those days that's lasted all weekend.

Started Saturday.. spent the better part of the day at the emergency vet with Chazz and his skin issues again.

Yesterday the vaccuum decided to quit working.

Today, the washer has stopped draining and I've had to hand wring everything. Now, I have to figure out how to get the water out.

It's warm enough today that I can go out and clean the dog poop up before it freezes again. So, I put on my boots and jacket to go out and guess what... it's pouring!

I just can't catch a break :(

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Re: Ever have one of those days.....

Awww K..

I hope that everything works out for you. Aint it not funny how when it rains it pours? I hope the rest of the day and week is better:(

How is Chazz now?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks V,

He's better.... he's now on 2 antibiotics instead of one, they shaved the area again - it was just growing in from the December episode. I have to do a betadine wash twice a day - he hates that :(- and they did 2 more biopsies. This time one from his nose that's also effected and one from the inner thigh area which is the problem this time. They're going to send these to a lab that is strictly for skin issues - why they didn't do that the last time is beyond me. :mad:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

You Betcha, so far today isn't one of them for me. I'm sorry. Hope Chazz feels better soon. Having the vacuum die with GSD :eek: not good not good at all. Now the washer too?? You're due a break now, that was 3, I'm guessing the rain will stop for you. It poured here last night and it's sunny now.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Yikes, sorry to hear about your last few days. Hopefully, everything starts to get better quickly for you. Sometimes when it rains, it truly does pour:(

Sending good vibes for your dog Chad. Hope his skin problems start to get better soon. I was not here with the December episode, do they know what is causing it?

I can relate to the sick dog. I have been vet hopping since Tuesday night with my guy. He finally came home from his last full day with the vet, hopefully for the good, Saturday night.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts

That poor baby...I will be keeping you and Chazz in my thoughts and prayers. I had a small dog with skin problems when I was a kid and my mom used to go crazy bringing her from vet to vet and then succumbing to homeremedies because it was costing a fortune for everyone to stand around with their fingers up thier butts. It was really sad at times when her skin would erupt and you can tell it was terribel for her. Cortizone shots once a week helped but it wasnt getting to the bottom of it.. I hope that you find out whats going on soon...Poor Chazz.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sending good vibes for your dog Chad. Hope his skin problems start to get better soon. I was not here with the December episode, do they know what is causing it?
Dieselsmama and RC2008 thanks for your kind words. You're right Dieselsmama, 2 GSDs and no vaccuum is a very bad thing :(

RC2008, Chazz has been having skin problems since he was 6 months old. He'll be 8 on May 21. It's part immune deficiency, allergies, bacterial infection, etc, etc.....deep pyroderma some say.

He can go for several months sometimes and not have a problem, but once it starts it gets bad very quickly. His skin actually gets eaten away if not caught in time. It's a constant battle because anything can set it off. This time was more than likely a yeast infection. The area involved is his upper inner thigh.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Oh wow, the poor guy! It sounds similar to dogs who have Demodex, I hear anything can set it off(stress, vaccines etc).

Hopefully, the biopsies help tell what is really going on and gives a treatment plan for you and him.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

I wish you the best for Chazz. Also the washer.. Have you tried using a bucket to get the water out? I know thats probably the first thing you thought of, sorry Im no help..

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thank you.

I haven't got a bucket small enough to get in the washer so I've been using a large coffee mug to take the water out and dumping it into a bucket... good times :(

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Good thought but the hose is buried under about 2 feet of frozen snow :eek:
I forgot to bring it in last fall..... oops

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

Ohh digits mama much better suggestion. I think you put a tube in the water and suck it up untill it comes out the other end and it just all comes out..

then again renoman might know better than us cuz hes a guy...

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

then again renoman might know better than us cuz hes a guy...

Noooooooo!!!! I am a girl! I just use Reno's nickname as my screen name! :)

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

Oh I am sooooo sorry!!! I saw renoMAN. I was kinda wondering ehy you'd have a chinchilla if you were a full grown guy anyway! haha

·
Registered
6,300 Posts

Oh I am sooooo sorry!!! I saw renoMAN. I was kinda wondering ehy you'd have a chinchilla if you were a full grown guy anyway! haha
Hey... I like chinchillas.. are you trying to say something about me? :cool:

Sorry to hear about your day. Really sucks when things just simply don't go right.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts

Stop by the pet store and get one of those gravel syphons, the kind with the automatic start. You stick it in there, shake it a few times and it drains it into the bucket.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey... I like chinchillas.. are you trying to say something about me? :cool:

Sorry to hear about your day. Really sucks when things just simply don't go right.

Well the good news is the rain stopped and I was able to clean up the yard - other than that it still pretty much sucks to be me!!:(

1 - 20 of 13756 Posts