Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks- my partner and I just picked up an adorable 8 week old Eurasier puppy on Monday, so we're into our third day (second full day), and I have two questions:

1) For those who are familiar with Eurasiers- I know they go through several color changes, but is there a good way to predict with reasonable accuracy how they'll end up? Do they always end up with the coloring of a parent, or do you often see puppies who are a different color from their parents?

2) Our puppy doesn't seem to be eating much. We're using the same food she had at the breeder, but she virtually never eats more than 2/3 of the food we give her (as per the breeder's instructions). It's not uncommon for the majority of the food to be left in her bowl. Her energy level seems fine, and she is drinking lots of water (and no diarrhea or vomiting)- should we be worried? The vet appointment isn't until Friday, so I want to know if we need to call them tomorrow.

That's all folks! Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
never met the breed so looked it up,, what a beautiful breed and cute pup... When did the pup get the shots from the breeder they may effect their eating for a few days.. Everything else seems fine that you stated. and it never hurts if you have concerns to call the vet and ask them, many vets if they felt concerns would tell you to bring the pup in before your appointment on Friday. look forward to pictures :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know anything specific about the breed but for most dogs I would say if he's eating 2/3 of what you give him that's fine. If he wasn't eating at all then I might be worried although I think its still fairly common for dogs to not eat much for the first few days at a new place. Even my dog who i have had for 6+ months sometimes doesn't eat any of his food for what seems like a long time though he doesn't usually go more than about 12 hours without eating some of it. And some days he gobbles it up instantly as soon as i put it out so who knows. Perhaps puppies are like kids, sometimes they won't eat anything other times they'll eat amazing amounts. As long as he's eating some I think he's fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts