Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I live in Sweden and I have had dogs for my entire life.

Our family dog is a 5 year old Rottweiler who is very very calm obedient and completely non-aggressive to other humans and animals infact I have never seen him act aggressively ever for 5 years, We all love him like a family member.

My sister however has recently moved out and decided to take care of a Turkish Kangal puppy. The puppy obviously grew and is now 11 months and already taller than our Rottweiler.

The problem comes here.... The Kangal is not very obedient and certainly does not obey our family but rather only obeys my sisters boyfriend... but seems rather scared of him.

It escaped from our house last week while visiting... And our Rottweiler ran away with it, Something it has never done for the 5 years it has been with us... We soon managed to find them.

But today, My sister and her boyfriend decided to go away to a amusement park and left the Kangal at our home.

And while I was studying and my mother was making dinner somehow the kangal managed to open the door... and off they went. We noticed maybe in a minute that it was too quiet and realised the door was open.

We could hear them maybe 300 meters away in the forest (there is a mix of forest and clearings around our house) We yelled at the top of our lungs and chased after them in the direction we could hear them.. an hour later we decided to go home again after running around in the woods like crazy calling for them.

Right now my parents are off in the cars looking for them and asking around while im waiting at home should they return and im writing this, We have also informed the police should anyone call them.

Why does our 5 year old Rottweiler stop obeying and follows when another dog decide to run away? He never ever runs away on his own even when the doors are open and such. Not even when he sees the neighboors cat, And always obeys when we call for him and such. Also I suspect that my sisters Kangal is running away from us when he hears our voices calling for them.

I get worried sick becaus of this and mad.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I hope you find the dogs soon.

Dogs, a lot like people, will do whatever another dog is doing even if it's not something they would do by themselves. Since you know the Kangal is capable of opening doors, you should either lock all the doors or install door chains or use those babyproofing doorknob covers. Then train recall with both dogs so if they do get out again, you have a chance of getting them back right away.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Praying you find the dogs! <3

& just like said above, if one dog doing it, the other feels they can do the same.

When you find them keep watch on them so they wont have a chance to open the door & run.

~Erica~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The dogs are back and all is well for now. Other than I got into a fistfight with my sisters boyfriend when I told him not to be disrespectful to my mother. He said my mother should not try to tell him how to treat dogs when he scolded the Kangal and she objected. To which I asked, What kind of behaviour is that? He said it in a very cruel manner after that he insulted me personaly and screamed in my face and I asked him to leave if he was going to behave like that. When he started screaming to my mother however I told him to leave a again and said that he had blown any chance he had with me, Sadly he is both older and he works out alot and is a brutal Kurdish muslim and has a criminal past.

Ofcource I did not win the fight and im currently bleeding hehe! It's funny having well-off educated parents who gave me and my sister the best possible childhood only for my sister to love somekind of retarded gangster lifestyle and as such getting criminal boyfriends that are completely terrible.

·
Banned
964 Posts
The dogs are back and all is well for now. Other than I got into a fistfight with my sisters boyfriend when I told him not to be disrespectful to my mother. He said my mother should not try to tell him how to treat dogs when he scolded the Kangal and she objected. To which I asked, What kind of behaviour is that? He said it in a very cruel manner after that he insulted me personaly and screamed in my face and I asked him to leave if he was going to behave like that. When he started screaming to my mother however I told him to leave a again and said that he had blown any chance he had with me, Sadly he is both older and he works out alot and is a brutal Kurdish muslim and has a criminal past.

Ofcource I did not win the fight and im currently bleeding hehe! It's funny having well-off educated parents who gave me and my sister the best possible childhood only for my sister to love somekind of retarded gangster lifestyle and as such getting criminal boyfriends that are completely terrible.
Thank you for this very entertaining post...LOL..
My Rottweiler and I will not follow you through the forest of Trolls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Im not trolling. I was alittle emotional and as such I perhaps wrote some private things I should not have.. But im a pretty open person.

Im sorry if I came across as a troll but that is certainly not my intention.

Bosco! Those are indeed things that are true for my sisters dog. I've told her boyfriend to be more gentle. But he insists on raising it like people in kurdish areas of Iraq raise their dogs and he ridicules our Rottweiler for being "lame". It's a cultural problem I guess maybe.

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
This has been stated many, many times in the forum, but calling posters trolls will NOT be tolerated. If you think a poster is trolling, REPORT IT.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Im not trolling. I was alittle emotional and as such I perhaps wrote some private things I should not have.. But im a pretty open person.

Im sorry if I came across as a troll but that is certainly not my intention.

Bosco! Those are indeed things that are true for my sisters dog. I've told her boyfriend to be more gentle. But he insists on raising it like people in kurdish areas of Iraq raise their dogs and he ridicules our Rottweiler for being "lame". It's a cultural problem I guess maybe.
We're sorry about that slipz, some people have no manners! Perhaps when they return from their time out they will be have better.

Yes, I'd say your sisters BF is the problem with the TK, he's probably scared to come to people once he's escaped. TK's are known for being independent thinkers and if htis one is being abused he's doesn't trust humans. There is a good chance that if you and your family show him kindness and a GOOD quality leadership he will no longer run. I'm sure you've heard of Turid Rugaas, she's an excellent trainer and has many tips on her site. You might also take a look in our training forum and start training hte Kangel using the write ups you'll find there. YOu'd be astonished at hte loyaty this dog could show you if treated well and taught with respect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice cshellenberger, I will suggest them for my sister since im going away to study in another town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts